4. SERVICE MODE (test print, EEPROM initialization, destination setting) 5. EXTERNAL VIEW / PARTS LIST 6. TROUBLESHOOTING FLOWCHART (main unit, print head) 7. SERVICE INFORMATION APPENDIX 1: SHIPMENT INSPECTION PATTERN APPENDIX 2: i350/i250 SERVICE TOOL QY8-1389-000 Rev. 00 June 6, 2003 Canon Inc.
Stand-by status Approx. 1 W External dimensions With paper feed/delivery tray extended i350/i355: Approx. 385(W) X 422(D) X 317(H) mm i250/i255: Approx. 385(W) X 224(D) X 268(H) mm With paper feed/delivery tray set in i350/i355: Approx. 385(W) X 195(D) X 165(H) mm i250/i255: Approx.
2-2. Product Life 3 years or 4,000 pages (2,500 pages of color printing and 1,500 pages of black printing), whichever comes first 2-3. Print Head Specifications Structure 4-color integrated type (ink tank separate type) Print head 2 vertical lines, 320 nozzles C/M/Y: 2 vertical lines in each color, 128 nozzles Ink drop:...
3. ERROR DIAPLAY Errors are displayed by the LEDs, and ink low warnings are displayed by the status monitor. 3-1. Operator Call Error (Orange LED blinking) LED Display Content Corrective Action Set paper, and press the RESUME Blinking 2 times Paper out button to feed the paper.
Destination can be set by clicking each model name in “SET DESTINATION.” Setting can be changed from the i350 to the i250/i255 (vice versa). Confirm the model name by clicking “GET DEVICE ID” after setting change. (If incorrect, it can be changed before turning the unit OFF/ON.) <EEPROM reset>...
FOR PRINT UNIT XB6-7300-605 SCREW, TP M3X6 MM FOR LOGIC BOARD ASS’Y FOR PRINT UNIT/LF MOTOR XB1-2300-405 SCREW, M3X4 i350/PIXUS 350i/i355 (i250/i255) FOR PRINT UNIT FOR TIMING SLIT STRIP FILM SPRING Power cords are as listed below. WT3-5122-000 CORD, POWER 100V-120V (J)
6. TROUBLESHOOTING FLOWCHART 6-1. Printer Main Unit Troubleshooting Flowchart (how to confirm printer operation at refurbishment) Power ON Error displayed? Open access cover, and install head Error displayed? Connect to computer < Shipment inspection pattern check items> Shipment inspection *Refer to 4. SERVICE MODE (Refer to the attached print sample.) pattern printing regarding printing method.
6-2. Print Head Troubleshooting Flowchart (print head operation confirmation) Connect to computer *Refer to 4. SERVICE MODE Nozzle check pattern regarding printing method. printing Correct? *Refer to 4. SERVICE MODE Head cleaning regarding printing method. Nozzle check pattern printing Correct? *Refer to 4.
7. SERVICE INFORMATION 7-1. Print Unit Replacement (Asia only) When the print unit is exchanged, re-affix a Serial number label affixed to the Chassis.
7-2. Product Technical Information 1) FAQ (Problems specific to the i350/i355, i250/i255 and corrective actions) No. Rank* Function Phenomenon Cause Corrective action Possible Call / Claim Installation Carriage error (LED The user may not have removed the Remove the packing...
-Cannot print properly resulting in smearing. print quality assurance -Paper edge crease area. (In the i350/i355, i250/i255, the head-to-paper distance cannot be changed.) Note: In borderless printing (to 4X6/5X7), correct the paper curl.
2) New functions 1. Borderless printing (4”x6”, 5”x7” size only) The i350/i355 support borderless printing only for 4”x6”, 5”x7” size paper. Borderless printing is not supported with other paper sizes (A4, LTR, etc.) and with the i250/i255. < Possible problems with this function >...
< Possible problems with this function > - Due to user error, the actual remaining ink level does not match the indicated remaining ink level, resulting in “ink out”, etc. User error: Forgetting to reset ink counter / ink counter reset other than when replacing ink tanks. - Due to the specific print pattern, the actual remaining ink level does not match the indicated remaining ink level, resulting in “ink out”.
APPENDIX 1: SHIPMENT INSPECTION PATTERN 1 Check item 1 (Ink non-ejection): Total area of the sample below Check item 2 (Top margin) Print EEPROM information -> Refer to 4. SERVICE MODE for details. C nozzle check pattern M nozzle check pattern Y nozzle check pattern Bk nozzle check pattern Check item 3 (Vertical Lines)
Supported OS: Windows 98/Me (J/E version) : QY9-0062 Windows 2000/XP (J/E version) : QY9-0063 Distribution method: Provided by SSIS (Download “i350/i250 Service Tool” from software download in SSIS.) < Usage procedures > Unzip the “i350tool_Win98V100.EXE/i350tool_Win2kV100.EXE” file. (Automatically unzipped by double-click) Open the “i350tool_Win98V100.EXE/i350tool_Win2kV100.EXE”...
“PIXUS 350i”: Japan “i355/i255”: Asia “i350/i250”: Other than the above area Confirm that the model name is indicated in the (E) area when clicking “DEVICE ID” (D). Or, confirm the model name by performing the shipment pattern printing. < EEPROM reset >...