1.1.2 Hearing protection
Observe the following guidelines when using headphones:
• Set the volume to a moderate level and do not use headphones to
listen for excessively long periods of time.
• Be particularly careful to avoid adjusting the volume to a level that
your hearing cannot deal with.
• Do not turn the volume up so high that you cannot hear what is
going on around you.
• In potentially dangerous situations you must be very careful, or
temporarily discontinue use.
• Do not use headphones while operating a motorised vehicle, cycling,
or skateboarding, etc. You could be a hazard to yourself and other
road users, and possibly be breaking the law.
1.1.3 Maximum sound power
• The manufacturer guarantees compliance with the maximum sound
power of its audio players as determined by relevant regulatory
bodies, but only with the original model of headphones supplied. If
you need to replace these headphones, we recommend contacting
your dealer to order the respective original Philips model.
1.1.4 Legal restrictions on recording
• The use of the device's recording function is subject to the legal
restrictions that may apply in your country. You should also respect
the privacy and personal rights of the third parties if you record
talks or lectures.
• Please note that, in certain countries, you may be legally required
to inform the person you are conversing with on the telephone
that you are recording the conversation, or that the recording of
telephone conversations is illegal. Please check if the use of such
data is legal in your country prior to recording telephone calls.
Table of contents