INTRODUCTION We thank you very much for your purchasing our product HE-670. Please be sure to read this operation manual carefully and understand what it describes before you operate this unit in order to keep your safety. After you read this manual, please keep it at the place where you will not lose or break so as to read soon when it is necessary.
Table of Contents 1. CAUTION ON SAFETY (PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ.) 1-1. CAUTION ON SAFETY 1-2. HANDLING OF CABLES 1-3. HANDLING OF TRANSDUCER AND WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR 1-4. TFT LCD PANEL 1-5. CAUTION ON OPERATION 3. FEATURES OF THE UNIT 4.
14. OPERATION OF THE UNIT 14-1. POWER KEY 14-2. BRIGHT KEY 14-3. CLUTTER KEY 14-4. RANGE KEY 14-5. SHIFT KEY 14-6. GAIN KEY 14-7. A-MODE KEY 14-8. ZOOM KEY 14-9. MENU KEY 14-10. AUTO KEY 14-11. USER KEY 15. LIST OF MENU AND MEANING OF SETTING 16.
3. VOLTAGE CORRECTION 3. OTHER SETTING 1. AUTO RANGE MAX. DEPTH 2. CLEAN ECHO 3. TRANSMITTING OUTPUT 4. PULSE LENGTH 5. SETTING OF AUTO KEYS 1. AUTO GAIN 2. AUTO RANGE 4. READOUT SETTING 1 1. DEPTH READOUT 2. GAIN READOUT 3.
1. CAUTION ON SAFETY (PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ.) This section explains the important cautions in order to prevent the person who will use our product or other persons from human damage or damage to their property. 1-1. CAUTION ON SAFETY DANGER High voltage is applied to the inside of unit.
CAUTION Do not install at the place where rain or spray dashes directly. (It is not water- proof.) It causes to electric shock. Do not install at the place where it becomes hot. It causes to firing, human damage or electric shock due to increasing temperature inside the unit.
1-3. HANDLING OF TRANSDUCER AND WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR WARNING Work on the board is too unstable and risky. Installation and maintenance of transducer and water temperature sensor should be done after you land and fix the boat. Unless you keep it, human damage resulting in death or serious wound will occur.
1-5. CAUTION ON OPERATION Be sure to put the power switch off when you start to run the engine! When the engine starts to run, voltage of battery varies heavily. It may influence to the unit. Be sure to put the power switch of the unit off when you start to run the engine.
2. GENERAL IMFORATION OF ECHO SOUNDER/FISH FINDER THEORY OF ECHO SOUNDER/FISH FINDER Theory of echo sounder/fish finder is same as echo. Ultrasonic pulses transmitted from the transducer into the water are reflected from fish school or the sea bottom and then they are received by transducer. Echo sounder/fish finder converts round-trip time between the time and the ultrasonic wave is transmitted and the time the reflected wave is received into distance and measures the depth It displays size or density of fish school, the outline of bottom or...
HOW TO DISTINGUISH THE FISH SCHOOL Important is comparison between display of fish school and catch It is possible to distinguish the fish sort by display of fish school to some extent. But even if fish sort is same, it’s form making school is different according to difference of fishing ground and difference of time (day and night, four seasons, variation of current).
HOW TO DISTINGUISH THE NATURE OF BOTTOM In case you distinguish the nature of bottom, you judge from the thickness of bottom image and the situation of second reflection. At the hard bottom like rock, reflection of transmitted wave becomes strong and bottom image becomes thick and the second reflection becomes easily to appear.
4. SPECIFICATIONS Display 6 inch color LCD Number of pixel 320 x 240 Operating Voltage 11~35V DC Power Consumption 15 W Dimension (Unit) 217 (H) X 234 (W) X 78 (D) mm Weight (Unit) Approx. 1.5Kg Frequency (KHz) 50, 200 Output Power (W) Depth Range 3~500m...
7. INSTALLATION OF THE UNIT WARNING Do not install it simply. It causes to the accident like wound. • Please install correctly according to [Installation of the Unit]. 1.<Decision of place you install> While the bracket is mounted with unit, you decide the place you install and put the mark.
8. CONNECTION WITH THE UNIT NMEA (GGA,VTG) Output Device Power Supply Cable White Black Battery Thru-hull Transom Water Transducer Water Temp. Sensor (TD26) Temp. Sensor (Option) (Option) Cable Cover to Display Unit...
9. INSTALLATION OF TRANSDUCER (THRU-HULL) Install as near center position of boat as possible. After installation, put the seal for water proof Block Put the seal at joint point for waterproof Put the seal at joint point 30cm for waterproof Keep the inclination of bottom within 10...
10. INSTALLATION OF WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR • Water temperature sensor is option. DANGER Work on the boat is too unstable and risky. Installation and maintenance of the water temperature sensor should be done after you land and fix the boat Unless you keep it, human damage resulting in death or serious wound will occur.
11. CONNECTING DIAGRAM CONNECTOR FOR INPUT/OUTPUT It is used for connecting NMEA output device. Transmission Rate Transmission Format Data Format NMEA0183 Star bit=1, Data bit=8, 4800 bps (GGA VTG) Parity bit=nil, Stop bit=1 Display Unit Output Device Data Output DC Power Supply Power Supply for External Device...
12. DESCRIPTIONS OF CONTROL KEYS POWER ON key ( page 19) MENU key ( page 27) Switch the power on. Show the menu mode. POWER OFF key ( page 19) AUTO key ( page 27) Switch the power off. Set the sensitivity and depth range automatically.
13. HOW TO SEE THE DISPLAY In case of displaying the dual frequency mode Frequency readout on left screen Variable Time Marker When the display mode is set, either set mode Bar appears or disappears every 30 sec. (Bottom lock, Auto Exp. or Manual Exp.) is shown. Frequency readout on right screen Auto Mode Readout...
14. OPERATION OF THE UNIT 14-1. POWER KEY ON/OFF OF THE POWER This switches the power ON/OFF When you press ON key for more than 1 sec., alarm sounds and the power is ON. Then, if display appears, starting is good. When you press OFF key, alarm sounds and ON key OFF key...
14-3. CLUTTER KEY Clutter [Clutter] Fish school or bottom is displayed while the strength of reflected echo is corresponded with pre-set color configuration. As this can delete colors in turn from color of weakest echo, it will be enable to distinguish this school easily be deleting the weak echoes like plankton, stain in the water or etc.
14-4. RANGE KEY [Depth (Display Range)] This sets the depth (display range; how deep from the surface of water is displayed?). 19 ranks of display range from 0-5m to 0-500m are available. Depth (Display Range) 500m Depth range is changed by pressing RANGE key.
14-5. SHIFT KEY Shift (Shift of display range) [Shift (Shift of display range)] You can shift the initial displaying depth downward. For example, when you shift 10m downward at 0-8m depth range, initial display depth becomes to 10m and display range becomes to 10-18m. Even if image you want to see is small, it is enlarged by setting the depth (display range) to shallow range when shift is selected.
14-6. GAIN KEY [Gain] This adjusts the sensitivity to distinguish the bottom or fish school easily. 41 steps of sensitivity from 0 to 40 is displayed in bar or digit. ( 41 Page ) Optimum sensitivity is that second reflection from bottom is barely displayed. [Second reflection] First received echo reflected from bottom is called the first reflection.
Adjustment of sensitivity Sensitivity is adjusted be pressing GAIN key. [To increase the sensitivity] Each time when you press key, gain bar becomes long and the sensitivity increases. (In case of digital readout, number increases.) [To decrease the sensitivity] Each time when you press key, gain bar becomes short and the sensitivity decreases.
14-7. A-MODE KEY It is displayed on the right side of screen and it’s width changes according to strength of reflected signal. When you press key (A-MODE), A-mode switches ON/OFF. A-MODE display A-MODE...
14-8. ZOOM KEY You can select three image modes (Bottom lock expansion, Automatic expansion or Manual expansion). In case of Auto Exp. and Manual Exp., expansion range marker is indicated on the right edge of screen. When you press key (ZOOM key), image mode changes.
14-9. MENU KEY Menu item is selected using key, UP/DOWN, RIGHT/LEFT key, / key and key. It is used for setting each function of the unit. Each time when you press tkey (MENU), setting mode of MENU 1 and MENU 2 are shown.
14-11. USER KEY You can allocate often used functions at USER key. Just only USER key makes you quick operation. You do not need to set on the menu mode. Press key (USER). Selected setting item is shown on the screen. Each time when you press key (USER), setting changes in turn.
HOW TO SELECT MENU How to show menu mode? Selection mode of MENU 1 is shown by pressing key. How to change content of menu? Selected items are shown. key makes you select or change content. Cursor (selected item) moves upward by MENU key pressing key.
17. SETTING THE FUNCTION BY MENU 17-1. MENU 1 SWEEPING SPEED [Sweeping Speed] On echo sounder/fish finder, the newest display (display just under the boat) is shown on the right edge of screen. At the same time previous display moves leftward.
SCALE LINE Horizontal lines are shown at the position of depth scale on the screen. [3. SCALE LINE] is selected on MENU 1. Set the scale line. ON : Scale line is shown. OFF: Scale line is not shown. WATER TEMPERATURE GRAPH Water temperature graph is shown on the screen.
17-2. MENU 2 EXPANSION RATE Expansion rate of enlarged image can be selected to X2, X4 or X8. [1. EXP RATE] is selected on MENU 2. Expansion rate is selected. Select from X2 (two times), X4 (four times) and X8 (eight times). WATER TEMPERATURE ALARM [Water Temperature Alarm] Alarm goes off within or out of two water temperatures.
DEPTH ALARM [Depth Alarm] Alarm goes off within or out of two depths (DEPTH SET 1, DEPTH SET 2). [3. DEPTH ALARM] is selected on MENU 2. Alarm setting is established. IN RANGE : Alarm goes off when it is within two depths and depth readout flashes.
BATTERY ALARM When voltage of battery decreases, alarm goes off. [5. BATT ALARM] is selected on MENU 2. 12V: When voltage of battery becomes less than 10V, alarm goes off and voltage readout flashes. 24V: When voltage of battery becomes less than 21V, alarm goes off and voltage readout flashes.
CORRECTION: KEEL OFFSET It enables to set the draft value of boat when you want to indicate the depth from sea surface. You can set draft value at 0.1m step from range of 0~+2.0m. [6. OTHERS] [2.ADJUST] [1. KEEL OFFSET] is selected on MENU 2. Change the draft value by RIGHT/LEFT key.
OTHER SETTING: AUTO RANGE MAX. DEPTH Set the depth which sea bottom is searched when auto range is set. When auto range maximum depth is set to deep, it takes long time to indicate the depth digit and depth range sometimes becomes deep range due to malfunction. In this case, please set auto range Max.
OTHER SETTING: PULSE LENGTH It selects pulse length. Theory of fish finder is same as echo in water. Length of transmitted ultrasonic wave is called pulse length. Selection of pulse length (long, medium or short) enables you to change vertical resolution. [6.
OTHER SETTING: SETTING OF AUTO KEYS Condition of ON/OFF is set when AUTO key is pressed. Example 1) In case AUTO G (HIGH) and AUTO R (RNG) are set, AUTO G (HIGH) and AUTO R (RNG) are set at the same time when AUTO key is pressed.
READOUT SETTING1: DEPTH READOUT It can change size of depth digit. [6. OTHERS] [4.READOUT 1] [1.DEPTH DIG] is selected on MENU 2. OFF : Depth digit is not shown. Depth digit is shown in small number. Depth digit is sown in large number. READOUT SETTING1: GAIN READOUT [6.
READOUT SETTING1: DEPTH MARKER [6. OTHERS] [4.READOUT 1] [4.DEPTH MARKER] is selected on MENU 2. White~Magenta: Depth marker is shown at selected color. OFF : Depth marker is not shown. READOUT SETTING1: COLOR BAR [6. OTHERS] [4.READOUT 1] [5.COLOR BAR] is selected on MENU 2. : Color bar is shown.
SIMULATION MODE This select whether simulation mode is or is not shown. [6. OTHERS] [6.SYSTEM MENU] SIMULATION]is selected on MENU 2. OFF : Simulation mode is canceled. : Simulation mode is shown. In case of simulation mode, DEMO is 11.6 17.6 shown on the lower right of screen.
18. CAUTION ON SAFETY (PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ) When the condition of this unit is bad, please check the following points before asking to repair. Symptoms Causes Remedy Power can not be Voltage of battery is lower tan Recharge the battery. turned on.
Symptoms Causes Remedy Image does not Transducer is not immersed Install the transducer where it is always immersed under into water well. sometimes appear. waterline. When installation of transducer is Check the installation of bad, air bubbles wind easily at high transducer.