BUILT-IN GAS HOB INSTRUCTIONS
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
YOUR SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS ARE VERY IMPORTANT
This manual and the appliance itself provide important safety messages, to be read and observed at all times.
This is the safety alert symbol, pertaining to safety, which alerts users to potential hazards to themselves and others.
All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol and either the terms:
Indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will cause serious injury.
Indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could cause serious injury.
All Safety messages will tell you what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what
can happen if the instructions are not followed.
The appliance must be disconnected from the power supply before carrying out any installation work.
Installation and maintenance must be carried out by a qualified technician, in compliance with the manufacturer's
instructions and local safety regulations. Do not repair or replace any part of the appliance unless specifically stated in
the user manual.
If the information in this manual is not followed exactly, a fire or explosion may result
causing property damage or injury.
Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this appliance.
What to do if you smell gas:
Do not try to light any appliance.
Do not touch any electrical switch.
Do not use any phone in your building.
Immediately call your gas supplier from a neighbor's phone. Follow the gas supplier's instructions.
If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the fire department.
Installation and service must be performed by a qualified installer, service agency or the gas supplier.
Use appliance in well ventilated rooms only.
The electrical and gas connections must comply with local regulations.
- When the hob is installed, provide a multi-pole circuit breaker with a contact separation of
at least 3 mm, that provides full disconnection.
- Regulations require that the appliance is grounded.
- The power cable must be long enough for connecting the appliance, once fitted in its
housing, to the power supply
- Use only flexible or rigid metal hose for gas connection.
- If necessary, the electrical power cable must be replaced exclusively with a power cable
having identical characteristics to the original supplied by manufacturer. This operation
must be performed by a qualified electrician.
- The manufacturer cannot be held responsible for any injury to persons or animals or
damage to property arising from failure to comply with these requirements.
- Do not use multiple plug adapters or extension cords.
- Do not pull the power cable to disconnect it from the electrical supply.
- The electrical components must not be accessible to the user after installation.
- Do not touch the appliance with any wet part of the body and do not operate it when
4000 107 46198
- This hob (class 3) is designed solely for private household use for cooking food. Do not use
this appliance as a space heater to heat or warm the room. Doing so may result in carbon
monoxide poisoning and overheating of the hob. The Manufacturer declines all
responsibility for inappropriate use or incorrect setting of the controls.
- The appliance and its accessible parts become hot during use. Care should be taken to
avoid touching heating elements. Children less than 8 years of age shall be kept away
unless continuously supervised. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years
and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of
experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning
use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. They shall not play
with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without
- The use of a gas appliance produces heat and humidity in the room. Make sure the room is
well-ventilated, or install an extractor hood with exhaust duct.
- Domestic animals should be kept away from the appliance.
- In case of prolonged use, additional ventilation may be necessary (by opening a window
or increasing the hood extraction speed).
- After use, make sure the knobs are in off position and close the main gas supply cock or
the gas cylinder valve.
- Overheated oils and fats catch fire easily. Always remain vigilant when cooking foods rich
in fat, oil or alcohol (e.g. rum, cognac, wine).
- Keep the packaging materials out of the reach of children.
- Before cleaning or maintenance wait for hob to cool down.
- Unattended cooking on a hob with fat or oil can be dangerous and may result in fire.
NEVER try to extinguish a fire with water, but switch off the appliance and then cover flame
e.g. with a lid or a fire blanket.
- Danger of fire: do not store items on the cooking surfaces.
After unpacking the hob, make sure that it has not been damaged during transport. In the event of problems, contact the
dealer or your nearest After-sales Service.
These instructions are only valid for the countries whose symbols is given on the data plate (under the hob).
TECHNICAL INFORMATION FOR THE INSTALLER
This product can be embedded in a worktop 20 to 50 mm thick.
If there is no oven beneath the hob, insert a separator panel that has a surface at least equal to the opening in the
work surface. This panel, that has to close completely the cutout in order to avoid any contact with the bottom
part of the hob, must be positioned at a maximum distance of 150 mm below the upper surface of the work
surface but, in no case less than 20 mm from the bottom of the hob. In the case that you intend to install an oven
beneath the hob, make sure that it is manufactured by Whirlpool and equipped with a cooling system. The
manufacturer declines all liability if another brand oven is installed beneath the hob.
Before installation, make sure that:
Manufacturer: Whirlpool Europe S.r.l. Viale G. Borghi, 27 21025 Comerio (VA) ITALY
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
the local gas delivery conditions (nature and pressure) are compatible with the settings of the hob (see the
rating plate and injector table);
the outer surfaces of the furniture or appliances adjacent to the hob are
heat resistant according to local regulations;
(Apply the label from warranty here)