f. Place the solar rain senor under bright environment to charge-up the
3. Insert two "C" size batteries into the thermo-hygro sensor with the correct polarity.
4. Insert three "C" size batteries into the wireless display with the correct polarity.
NOTE: Every time the wireless display receives data from the sensors, the
was successful. A wind speed or rainfall amount that reads "0" does not mean
reception failure, it means that there was no wind or rain at the time of the last
measurement. The thermo-hygro sensor syncs with the wind and rain sensors
and sends all outdoor sensor data to the display. The thermo-hygro sensor tries
for 7 minutes to sync to the wind sensor and for the rain sensor. If not successful
within 7 minutes, the thermo-hygro sensor will stop looking for the other sensors.
5. Setup troubleshooting: If the sensor data fails to display for any of the outdoor
sensors within 10 minutes, ("- - -" is displayed), remove the batteries from all
units (except for the Wind Sensor) for 1 minute and start the Setup procedure
again at Step 1 and completely reset the solar Rain Sensor (see Step 2:
ADDITIONAL NOTES FOR THE SOLAR WIND AND RAIN SENSORS MODES:
This mode aims to reduce the power consumption of the transmitter. Under this mode,
the sensor stops the transmission of signal, checks the battery voltage and detects the
solar cell condition. The IDLE mode happens if the battery voltage is low.
Note: The sensor will check and charge up the rechargeable battery automatically.
When it detects that the battery voltage is sufficiently charged up and high enough, the
transmission of signal starts again.
It is the most energy saving mode. Under this mode, the transmitter stops the
transmission of signal. There is no checking of the battery voltage and no detection of
the solar cell condition. The STOP mode happens:
• If the user covers the solar cell for 10 seconds and presses the RESET
button (Wind Sensor).
• If the sensor(s) is(are) placed in the dark environment for 24 hours.
• To restart the Solar Wind sensor, user should spin the wind cups or place
the sensor in a bright environment, then press the RESET button once to
wake it up again.
• To restart the Solar Rain Sensor, should swing the seesaw or, follow the
SETTING UP, Step 2: Important instructions to completely reset the sensor.
IMPORTANT! During the restart process, if the battery voltage is sufficiently high
enough, the transmission of signal starts again. However, if the battery voltage is low,
will blink once and then return to solid if the last transmission