User Guide Nokia 105 Contents Psst... For your safety Get started Keys and parts Insert the SIM card and battery Charge the battery Switch your phone on Lock the keys Change the volume Basics Explore your phone Write text Use predictive text Change the ringtone People &...
For your safety Read these simple guidelines. Not following them may be dangerous or illegal. For further info, read the complete user guide. SWITCH OFF IN RESTRICTED AREAS Switch the device off when mobile phone use is not allowed or when it may cause interference or danger, for example, in aircraft, in hospitals or near medical equipment, fuel, chemicals, or blasting areas.
Get started Get to grips with the basics, and have your phone up and running in no time. Keys and parts Explore the keys and parts of your new phone. Charger connector Flashlight Headset connector (3.5 mm) Screen Scroll key End/Power key Microphone Keypad...
4. Line up the battery contacts, and push the battery in. 5. Press the back cover down until it locks into place. 6. To switch on, press and hold until the phone vibrates. Charge the battery Your battery has been partially charged at the factory, but you may need to recharge it before you can use your phone.
2. Connect the charger to the phone. See 5 on page 20. When done, unplug the charger from the phone, then from the wall outlet. Switch your phone on Ready? Switch your phone on, and start using it. 1. Press and hold the power key. 2.
Lock the keys Lock the keys when not using your phone. 1. Select Menu, and press *. 2. To unlock, select Unlock, and press *. Change the volume You can control the audio in several ways. 1. Scroll left or right to change the volume. Volume 2.
Basics Learn how to get the most out of your new phone. Explore your phone Explore your phone with a simple key press. 1. To see the apps and features of your phone, press Menu. Menu 2. To go to an app or feature, press the scroll key up, down, left, or right. 3.
6. To use the flashlight, press the scroll key up twice. To switch off, press up once. Do not shine the light in anyone’s eyes. Menu Go to Write text Writing with the keypad is easy and fun. Press a key repeatedly until the letter is shown. Type in a space Press 0.
1. Select Menu > Settings > Tone settings. Settings Tone settings Display settings Select 2. Select Ringing tone. Tone settings Ringing tone Nokia Tune Ringing volume Select 3. Pick a ringtone, and select OK. Ringing tone Airy Beach Bold Brook Tip: To switch quickly to silent profile, press and hold #.
People & messaging Contact your friends and family, and share files, such as photos, using your phone. Make or answer a call Read on and learn how to make or answer a call with your new phone. 1. Type in the phone number. To type in the + character, used for international calls, press * twice.
2. Select Add contact. Contacts Search Add contact Select 3. Write the name, and press OK, then type in the number, and press OK. Contact name: Jim Brown Save numbers in five separate phonebooks To use separate phonebooks, save contacts in the phone memory. 1.
Entertainment Having a spare moment and in need of entertainment? Learn how to listen to the radio on your phone. Listen to the radio Use your phone to listen to the radio. 1. Connect a headset, and select Menu > Radio. The headset cable works as the radio antenna. 2.
Nokia Life is a set of services giving you relevant info on topics such as health, agriculture, education, and entertainment. The updates are delivered in text messages to the Nokia Life inbox, in your local language. To get started, open the Nokia Life app, then accept the service disclaimer.
Phone management & connectivity Take care of your phone and its contents. Learn how to connect to accessories and networks, transfer files, create backups, lock your phone, and keep the software up to date. Remove private content from your phone If you buy a new phone, or otherwise want to dispose of or recycle your phone, here’s how you can remove personal info and content.
6. Give the necessary info as accurately as possible. Do not end the call until given permission to do so. When you switch your device on for the first time, you are asked to create your Nokia account. To make an emergency call during the account setup, press the call key.
Do not dispose of these products as unsorted municipal waste: take them for recycling. For info on your nearest recycling point, check with your local waste authority, or go to www.nokia.com/support. For more info on the environmental attributes of your device, see www.nokia.com/ecoprofile.
Do not dismantle, cut, crush, bend, puncture, or otherwise damage the battery in any way. If a battery leaks, do not let liquid touch skin or eyes. If this happens, immediately flush the affected areas with water, or seek medical help. Do not modify, attempt to insert foreign objects into the battery, or immerse or expose it to water or other liquids.
For information on SAR, see the printed user guide, or go to www.nokia.com/sar. Original accessories For availability of approved accessories, check with your dealer. An extensive range of accessories is available for your device. For more details, see www.nokia.com/accessories. Practical rules about accessories •...
The defective handset/battery/charger, which are within the warranty period, shall be replaced with a new handset/battery/ charger within a reasonable period of time by the retail outlet. However, no replacement would amount to renewal/extension of the warranty period. There will only be a replacement of the individual defective unit (handset/battery/charger) and there will be no replacement for the full sales pack.
3. Registration and Termination To use a Service you may need to register and create a Nokia Account with username and a password. You may need to provide us with certain personal and other information. Microsoft Mobile may verify your email address before your Nokia Account can be used.
The Software maybe subject to export controls under the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other import or export control regulations. You agree to strictly comply with all applicable import and export regulations and acknowledge that you have the responsibility to obtain licenses to export, re-export, transfer, or import such Software. You may be able to submit information or content (“Material”) to the Service.
You may notify Microsoft Mobile of copyright infringement on the Service by providing notice (a) by email with “Copyright Notification” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org, (b) by a document titled “Copyright Notification” mailed to Nokia Inc. Copyright Agent, 200 S. Mathilda Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA or (c) via the online form, if available. Your notice must: identify the original copyrighted work you claim is infringed;...
If you encounter any of the above issues, please contact Nokia Customer Care. Please note that Nokia Customer Care may not be able to process your customer support request if you are unable to provide your transaction ID, which is provided to you by Microsoft Mobile following your Order from the Service. Microsoft Mobile may only process refunds for Content where the total price is above the monetary limit stipulated in applicable local legislation.
prompted to approve the installation. You may disable automatic checking for updates through settings in your device. You may also install software through available software update channels. If Microsoft Mobile considers a Software update to be important or critical you may not continue using the previous version of the Software. Microsoft Mobile may prevent your use of the previous version of the Software or Service until you install the update.
When you create an account, make a purchase, request services, participate in research or campaigns or otherwise interact with us, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, phone number, street address, user names and passwords, feedback, information relating to your devices, age, gender, and language, bank account number, credit card details and other such financial information.
We may share your personal data with other Microsoft Mobile companies or authorised third parties who process personal data for Microsoft Mobile for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include for example billing through your network service provider or otherwise, delivery of your purchases, providing services including customer service, managing and analysing consumer data, credit checks, conducting research and managing marketing and other such campaigns.
What Are Your Rights? You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you. You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated. You have a right to unsubscribe from direct marketing messages and to request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or on other compelling legal grounds.