Split-type, heat pump air conditioners (179 pages)
Summary of Contents for Mitsubishi Electric PUHZ-RP200
Air-Conditioners PUHZ-RP200, 250 YHA-A INSTALLATION MANUAL FOR INSTALLER English For safe and correct use, please read this installation manual thoroughly before installing the air-conditioner unit.
1. Safety precautions 1.3. Before electric work Caution: • Be sure to install circuit breakers. If not installed, electric shock may result. • Be sure to ground the unit. Do not connect the ground wire to gas or water • For the power lines, use standard cables of sufficient capacity. Otherwise, a pipes, lighting rods, or telephone grounding lines.
2. Installation location (mm) 2.4. Ventilation and service space 2.4.1. When installing a single outdoor unit. 1 As viewed from the top. When installing a part that is sold separately, make sure to provide the required space 2 As viewed from the for that part as indicated in its manual.
2. Installation location (mm) • Leave open in two directions. • If the wall height (H) exceeds the overall height of the unit, add the dimension shown as “h” to the dimension shown as “*”. (h: Wall height (H) - overall unit height) •...
3. Transporting the unit 3.3. Precautions when lifting the unit (Fig. 3-3) Max. 40° • When hang-lifting the unit, pass the sling or rope through the square-shaped holes (there are 4) at the base. The rope must go up along the unit to the top as shown in the picture.
5. Installing the refrigerant piping 5.1. Precautions for devices that use R410A refrigerant • Refer to page 3 for precautions not included below on using air conditioners with R410A refrigerant. • Use ester oil, ether oil, alkylbenzene oil (small amount) as the refrigeration oil applied to the flared sections.
5. Installing the refrigerant piping 1 Main unit of valve (3)Use the following procedure for connecting the gas-side piping. (Fig. 5-2) 2 Flange connection 1.Remove the flange and packing attached to the valve body. These were mounted 3 Packing at the time of shipping from the factory to prevent refrigerant leakage. 4 Always change to the new * Never attempt to reuse this packing as refrigerant leakage will occur.
5. Installing the refrigerant piping 5.5. Stop valve opening method (Fig. 5-6) (1) Remove the cap and turn the valve rod counterclockwise as far as it will go with the use of hexagonal wrench. Stop turning when it hits the stopper. (2) Make sure that the stop valve is open completely, push in the handle and rotate the cap back to its original position.
5. Installing the refrigerant piping 5.7. Precautions when reusing existing R22 refrigerant pipes • Refer to the flowchart below to determine if the existing pipes can be used. • See below for oil condition. Clear to slight yellow color → Normal Black or brown →...
6. Drainage piping work It is possible to have the drain flow out along the bottom of the outdoor unit. Use the centralized drainage kit when using drain piping. 7. Electrical work 7.1. Outdoor unit (Fig. 7-1, Fig. 7-2) (1) Remove the service panel. (2) Wire the cables referring to the Fig.
7. Electrical work WIRING SPECIFICATIONS FOR 220-240 V 50 Hz (INDOOR-OUTDOOR CONNECTING CABLE) Cross section of cable Wire size (mm Number of wires Polarity L (m)*6 Round Clockwise : S1-S2-S3 (30) * Pay attention to stripe of yellow and green Flat Not applicable Not applicable...
8. Test run 8.2. Unit replacement operation s Replacement operation is the operation by which impurities remaining in (1)Set SW8-2 from ON to OFF. (When ending a replacement operation of less the existing piping (chlorinated compounds) are captured by the activated than 2 hours.) carbon filter (replacement filter) in the outdoor unit.
Fig. 10-1 11. Information on rating plate RP200, 250 Model Refrigerant (R410A) 10.5 Allowable pressure (Ps) HP:3.6 MPa (36 bar), LP:2.3 MPa (23 bar) Net weight MANUFACTURER: MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC CORPORATION, SHIZUOKA WORKS 18-1, OSHIKA 3-CHOME, SURUGA-KU, SHIZUOKA CITY, JAPAN...
Please be sure to put the contact address/telephone number on this manual before handing it to the customer. HEAD OFFICE: TOKYO BLDG., 2-7-3, MARUNOUCHI, CHIYODA-KU, TOKYO 100-8310, JAPAN Printed in Japan BG79U638H03...