BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructions completely and carefully.
Save these instructions for
local inspector's use.
Observe all governing codes
• Note to Installer - Be sure to leave these
instructions with the customer.
• Note to Customer - Keep these instructions
with your Use and Care Book for future
• Before the old dryer is removed from service or
discarded, remove the dryer door.
• Inspect the dryer exhaust outlet and straighten
the outlet walls if they are bent.
• Service information and the wiring dia-gram
are located in the control console.
• Do not allow children on or in the appliance.
Close supervision of children is necessary
when the appliance is used near children.
• Install the dryer where the temperature is
above 50°F for satisfactory operation of the
dryer control system.
SLIP JOINT PLIERS
FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
Step 1 Prepare the Area and Exhaust for Installation of
New Dryer (see section 1).
Step 2 Check and Ensure the Existing External Exhaust is
Clean (see section 1) and Meets Attached Installation
Specifications (see section 3).
Step 3 Remove the Foam Shipping Pads (see section 1).
Step 4 Move the Dryer to the Desired Location.
Step 5 Connect the Power Supply (see section 2).
Step 6 Connect the External Exhaust (see section 4).
Step 7 Level Your Dryer (see section 5).
Questions on Installation? Call: 1-800-GECARES (US)
or Visit our Web site at: www.GEAppliances.com (US)
• To reduce the risk of severe injury or death, follow all installation
• Clothes dryer installation must be performed by a qualified installer.
• Install the clothes dryer according to these instructions and in
accordance with local codes.
• This dryer must be exhausted to the outdoors.
• Use only 4" rigid metal ducting for exhausting the clothes dryer to the
• DO NOT install a clothes dryer with flexible plastic ducting materials.
If flexible metal (semi-rigid or foil-type) duct is installed, it must be
UL listed and installed in accordance with the instructions found in
"Connecting The Dryer To House Vent" on page 5 of this manual.
Flexible venting materials are known to collapse, be easily crushed,
and trap lint. These conditions will obstruct dryer airflow and increase
the risk of fire.
• Do not install or store this appliance in any location where it could be
exposed to water and or weather.
• Save these instructions. (Installers: Be sure to leave these instructions
with the customer).
NOTE: Installation and service of this dryer requires basic
mechanical and electrical skills. It is your responsibility to
contact a qualified installer to make the electrical connections.
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED
4" DIA. METAL DUCT
4" DIA. FLEXIBLE METAL (SEMI-RIGID)
UL LISTED TRANSITION DUCT
KIT WX08X10077 (INCLUDES 2 ELBOWS)
4" DIA. FLEXIBLE METAL (FOIL TYPE)
UL LISTED TRANSITION DUCT
RISK OF FIRE
4" DIA. METAL
4" COVER PLATE (IF NEEDED
Step 8 Check the Operation of the Power Supply
Step 9 Place the Owners Manual and the Installation
Instructions in a Location Where They Will Be Noticed By
For Alcove or Closet Installation, see section 6.
For Bathroom or Bedroom Installation, see section 7.
For Mobile or Manufactured Home see, section 8.
For side or bottom exhaust, see section 9.
WITH 3 OR 4 PRONGS.
IDENTIFY THE PLUG
TYPE AS PER THE
31-16224-1 07/07/10 GE