K 3.99 M 5.960–796 02/04_2007118 Operating Instructions PRESSURE WASHER Before first use of the unit read these operating instructions and act in accordance with them...
This provides the cleaning power behind the Karcher Pressure Washer. A Karcher Pressure Washer can be used for an endless list of applications around the home and garden. It provides an efficient, economical and labour saving way of cleaning with excellent results.
INDEX APPLICATIONS ................4 SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS ..........4 - 6 GETTING STARTED ..............7 Contents Water Connection Electrical Connection Suction Mode Detergent OPERATING YOUR PRESSURE WASHER .... 10 High Pressure Operation Low Pressure Operation with Detergent End Of Operation IMPORTANT – CARE AND MAINTENANCE ..
• Garden tools and machinery, furniture and barbecues • Hygienic cleaning of animal pens and their surroundings. With the addition of Karcher accessories, the list continues ..... • Clearing blocked drains and pipes • Removal of old paint and rust from garden furniture and gates 2.
Electrical Connection Never use defect connection or extension lines! If the connection line is damaged, it must be replaced with a special connection line that is available from the manufacturer or his customer service. Please make sure that the connection or extension lines are not da- maged by being ran over, pulled or dragged.
The appliance is not intended for use by young children or infirm per- sons without supervision. Young children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance. The operator must use the appliance properly. He must take the local conditions into consideration and must pay attention to third persons, in particular children, while working with the appliance.
3. GETTING STARTED 3.1 Contents Upon opening the carton, if you do not have all the items as detailed please contact the Help-line on 0906 6800632 (calls to this number are from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday - Friday. charged at 25p per minute) A s s e m b l y s e e P a g e 1 9 A s s e m b l y s e e P a g e 1 9 1 Detergent suction hose...
3.5 Detergent Only cleaning agents recommended by Karcher (UK) Ltd. should be used. Unsuitable detergents could damage your Pressure Washer and the object being cleaned. Recommended Detergents 1. The following cleaning agent may be used undiluted: Universal Cleaner ......Profi RM 555 ASF 2.
! • Once water is flowing through the machine, you may now switch on your Karcher Pressure Washer using the Power Switch (No. 2). WHEN USING YOUR KARCHER PRESSURE WASHER ON THE HIGH PRESSURE SETTING, THE RECOMMENDED WORKING DISTANCE BETWEEN THE NOZZLE AND THE OBJECT OR SURFACE TO BE CLEANED IS 30 CM.
4.1 High Pressure Operation • Ensure the Spray Lance with Vario Power Nozzle (No. 6) is attached securely to the Spray Gun (No. 8). • Set vario power nozzle to high pressure mode "+". • Aim the lance towards the object to be cleaned making sure the recommended working distance is used for reference (See Page 10).
PRESSURE SETTING. In the event of a break of 5 minutes in the operation of your Karcher Pressure Washer, always switch off the machine to avoid damage due to overheating. • Switch off the pressure washer by the Power Switch (No. 2) and unplug the Mains Electric Lead (No.
• Always fully uncoil any extension lead when used. Chemicals Use of chemicals other than those recommended by Karcher could cau- se significant damage which may not be covered by your warranty. • After using chemicals, always run fresh water through your machine.
6.291-080 RM 555 (5 litre) 6.291-079 RM 555 (6 x 1 litre) Most accessories will be available from your local store selling Karcher Pressure Washers. If they are not stocked, most stores will raise a special order for you. If you have difficulty obtaining accessories...
6. SPARE PARTS In the event that your Karcher Pressure Washer requires replacement parts – please refer to the diagram below AND identify the particular model of your machine by reference to the data plate on the underside. Then telephone 0906 6800632 for assistance (calls to this number are from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday - Friday.
7. PROBLEM CHECKLIST The machine you have chosen is of the highest quality. Correctly stored away from frost it should operate without problems. If a problem does arise, please check the following chart as a solution may be at hand. c i f v i t v i t...
8. Help-Line Karcher (UK) Limited operate a help-line allowing customers to dis- cuss any problems experienced with our products. The help-line operates during normal business hours, if you have dif- ficulty getting through, please understand that there are peak periods during the day when our consultants are unable to take all calls co- ming in.
9. TECHNICAL DATA Power Connection Voltage ............. 230-240 V -AC Current ............1~50 Connected/Load ..........1.7 Mains Fuse ............13 Safety class ..........1, IPX5 Water Connection Supply Temperature (Max) ........ 40 °C Supply Rate (Min) ..........10 litres per minute Supply Pressure (Max) (12 bar) ....
EU Declaration of Conformity We hereby declare that the equipment described below conforms to the relevant fundamental safety and health requirements of the appropriate EU Directives, both in its basic design and construction as well as in the version mar- keted by us.This declaration will cease to be valid if any modifications are made to the machine without our express approval.