ScanPartner 600C Image Scanner User's Manual Version 1.0 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Notice FCC Class B Computing Devices (Federal Communications Commission Radio Frequency Interference statement) This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
Table of Contents 1. SCANNER INSTALLATION ............1-1 1.1 P ..................1-1 RECAUTIONS 1.2 A ............... 1-1 SSEMBLING THE CANNER 1.3 C .............. 1-6 ONNECTING THE CANNER 2. SCANNER OPERATION..............2-12 2.1 U ................ 2-12 SING THE LATBED 2.2 U ADF ................
Introduction Congratulations on your purchase of the Fujitsu ScanPartner 600C scanner. Before you install and operate the new scanner, please take a few minutes to read through this manual. It provides you with the proper instructions on how to unpack, install, operate and maintain the scanner.
Removing the Shipping Retainer Your ScanPartner 600C comes with a factory installed shipping retainer designed to protect the scanner during shipment. Before your scanner can be used, the shipping retainer must be removed. Follow these instructions to remove the shipping retainer: 1.
Figure 1-1 Removing the shipping retainer Figure 1-2 Storing the shipping retainer...
Installing the Shipping Retainer Before moving or transporting the scanner, the shipping retainer must be installed to prevent damage in shipment. Follow these instruction to install the retainer: 1. Turn off the scanner. 2. Lift the document cover so that the carrier unit can be seen 3.
Installing the ADF paper chute 1. Raise the right side of the paper chute to about 45 degrees (see Figure 1-3) 2. Pull down the wire leg from under the paper chute. 3. Insert the wire leg into the grips on the document cover. 4.
Stacker Installation 1. Hold the stacker at an approximate 30 degree angle as shown in Figure 1-4 2. Insert the stackers three clasp-joints into holes located on the ADF. 3. Release the stacker gently. Make sure the stacker is firmly attached to the ADF.
1.3 Connecting the Scanner CAUTION: Before connecting the scanner, make sure the power to the computer is OFF This section describes how to connect your new ScanPartner 600C. Also provided is a brief overview on daisy chaining and terminating SCSI devices. If you are an advanced user and are already familiar with the use of SCSI devices, you can skip the overview.
If the assignment conflicts with an existing SCSI device, please select a new ID. (See Figure 1-6) Note: The factory setting for ScanPartner 600C is ID 6. Usually, ID 0 is assigned to an internal hard disk drive, and ID 7 is...
SCSI ID Selector Figure 1-6 Selecting the SCSI ID...
Connecting the Scanner See Figure 1-7 for a connection diagram. 1. Connect one end of the SCSI cable to the SCSI controller installed in the computer 2. Connect the other end of the SCSI cable to SCSI port located on the back of the scanner 3.
SCSI terminator is not required. If the ScanPartner 600C is the last device on the SCSI chain then the terminator switch must be set to the ON position, see Figure 1-8.
Turning on the Power The power is controlled by a toggle switch on the side of the scanner. To turn on the scanner, press the switch toward "1." The POWER LED will light. If it does not light , please check the power.
2. Scanner Operation 2.1 Using the Flatbed To use the flatbed, open the document cover and place the document face down on the glass document board. Make sure the corner of the document is placed against the reference mark Figure 2-1 Using the flatbed 2-12...
The ScanPartner 600C ADF feeds one document at a time. Before using the ADF, always prepare you documents by: • removing any staples, paper clips, or any other item used to attach more than one sheet of paper •...
OHP film; • Notched paper • Paper with an odd (non-rectangular) shape; • Very thin paper. Figure 2-2 Using the ADF 2-14...
3. Maintenance Your scanner is designed to be maintenance free. However, to ensure peak performance and optimum image quality, the scanner must be cleaned occasionally. The feed mechanism of the scanner may become contaminated with ink, toner particles or paper coatings which may result in feed problems, such as: •...
3.2 Cleaning the Glass Use the following procedure to clean the glass document board: 1. Soak a cotton swab with some isopropyl alcohol. (95%) 2. Open the document cover as shown in Figure 3-2 3. Wipe the glass of flatbed area by moving the swab from side to side.
4. Troubleshooting The scanner will automatically perform a simple self-test each time it is turned on. This will help spot major system errors in the scanner itself. When the self test is initiated, the ERROR LED will become lit and will remain lit for the duration of the test. When the test is complete, the ERROR LED light will go out.
5) Check the feeding roller condition and do the cleaning if necessary. Question: Paper becomes skewed in the scanner. Answer: Check the condition of the feed roller and cleaning if necessary. Question: When I power on the scanner, it makes noises and will not stand ready.
4.2 Technical Service Technical support for Fujitsu scanners is provided at Fujitsu Technical Assistance Center (TAC) at 1-408-894- 3950 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. Before contact with TAC, please prepare the following information. • Scanner serial & revision number (located on the bottom of the scanner);...
5. Specifications The following specifications for the ScanPartner 600C are subject to change without notice. Scanner Type Single-pass color Flatbed with ADF built-in Scanning Mode 24-bit color 8-bit Grayscale (256 levels) Line Art/Halftone Error Diffusion (single bit) Optical Resolution 600 * 1200 dpi...