IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE Proper service and repair is important to the safe, reliable operation of all Funai Equipment. The service procedures recommended by Funai and described in this service manual are effective methods of performing service operations. Some of these service special tools should be used when and as recommended.
IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS Prior to shipment from the factory, our products are strictly inspected for recognized product safety and electrical codes of the countries in which they are to be sold. However, in order to maintain such compliance, it is equally important to implement the following precautions when a set is being serviced.
Also, because the picture tube shields and an isolation transformer only if the AC power mounting hardware perform an X-radiation plug is inserted so that the chassis is protection function, they must be correctly in connected to the ground side of the AC power place.
of the countries in which they are to be sold. 3) Align the lengths of the wires to be connected. However, in order to maintain such compliance, it Insert the wires fully into the connector. is equally important to implement the following 4) Use the crimping tool to crimp the metal sleeve precautions when a set is being serviced.
Safety Check after Servicing Examine the area surrounding the repaired location for damage or deterioration. Observe that screws, parts and wires have been returned to original positions. Afterwards, perform the following tests and confirm the specified values in order to verify compliance with safety standards. 1.
STANDARD NOTES FOR SERVICING Circuit Board Indications How to Remove / Install Flat Pack-IC 1. The output pin of the 3 pin Regulator ICs is 1. Removal indicated as shown. With Hot-Air Flat Pack-IC Desoldering Machine: Top View Bottom View 1.
3. The flat pack-IC on the CBA is affixed with glue, so With Soldering Iron: be careful not to break or damage the foil of each 1. Using desoldering braid, remove the solder from pin or the solder lands under the IC when all pins of the flat pack-IC.
2. Installation With Iron Wire: 1. Using desoldering braid, remove the solder from 1. Using desoldering braid, remove the solder from all pins of the flat pack-IC. When you use solder the foil of each pin of the flat pack-IC on the CBA flux which is applied to all pins of the flat pack-IC, so you can install a replacement flat pack-IC more you can remove it easily.
Instructions for Handling Semi- conductors Electrostatic breakdown of the semi-conductors may occur due to a potential difference caused by electrostatic charge during unpacking or repair work. 1. Ground for Human Body Be sure to wear a grounding band (1 MΩ) that is properly grounded to remove any static electricity that may be charged on the body.
CABINET DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS 1. Disassembly Flowchart Note: (1) Order of steps in procedure. When reassembling, This flowchart indicates the disassembly steps for the follow the steps in reverse order. These numbers cabinet parts, and the CBA in order to gain access to are also used as the Identification (location) No.
ELECTRICAL ADJUSTMENT INSTRUCTIONS General Note: “CBA” is abbreviation for How to enter the service mode: “Circuit Board Assembly.” Service mode: Note: Electrical adjustments are required after 1. Use the service remote control unit. replacing circuit components and certain mechanical parts. It is important to perform 2.
2. Initial Setting 2. Press [CH o / p] buttons on the service remote control unit so that the value of “COLOR” (CLR) General becomes 58. 1. Enter the Service mode. (See page 5-1.) S-CLR 2. Press [VOL n] button on the service remote 1.
7. SD Check Mode 2. Press [CH o / p] buttons on the service remote control unit and select “40.” 1. Enter the Service mode. (See page 5-1.) C-SRP 2. Press  button on the remote control unit. The 1. Press [MENU] button on the service remote unit enters the SD-Check mode.
8. H. Position Adjustment 10. V. Position Adjustment Purpose: To obtain correct horizontal position of Purpose: To obtain correct vertical width of screen screen image. image. Symptom of Misadjustment: If H. Position is Symptom of misadjustment: If V. Position is incorrect, horizontal position of image on the screen incorrect, vertical height of image on the screen may may not be properly displayed.
12. Cut-off Adjustment 6. Press  button. The display will momentarily show “CUT OFF B” (B = Blue). Adjust the Blue cut Purpose: To adjust the beam current of R, G, B, and off by pressing [CH o / p] buttons. When done screen voltage.
15. Sub-Brightness Adjustment 8. Adjust Red and Blue color so that the temperature becomes 9200K (x: 286 / y: 294)±3%. Purpose: To get proper brightness. 9. At this time, Re-check if Horizontal line is white. If not, Re-adjust Cut-off Adjustment until the Symptom of Misadjustment: If Sub-Brightness is Horizontal Line becomes pure white.
18. Convergence Adjustment 2. Face the unit to the East and Degauss the CRT using Degaussing Coil. Purpose: To obtain proper convergence of red, green 3. Input the Monoscope Pattern. and blue beams. 4. Adjust the Focus Control on the FBT to obtain Symptom of Misadjustment: If Convergence clear picture.
4. Remove the DY Wedges and slightly tilt the Deflection Yoke horizontally and vertically to obtain the best overall convergence. 5. Fix the Deflection Yoke by carefully inserting the DY Wedges between CRT and Deflection Yoke. P7150EA...
HOW TO INITIALIZE THE TELEVISION To put the program back at the factory-default, initialize the television as the following procedure. 1. Use the service remote control unit. 2. Turn the power on. (Use main power on the TV unit.) 3. Press [SLEEP] button on the service remote control unit to enter the Service mode.
SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS / CBA'S AND TEST POINTS Standard Notes Many electrical and mechanical parts in this chassis have special characteristics. These characteristics often pass unnoticed and the protection afforded by them cannot necessarily be obtained by using replacement components rated for higher voltage, wattage, etc. Replacement parts that have these special safety characteristics are identified in this manual and its supplements;...
LIST OF CAUTION, NOTES, AND SYMBOLS USED IN THE SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS ON THE FOLLOWING PAGES: 1. CAUTION: CAUTION: FOR CONTINUED PROTECTION AGAINST RISK OF FIRE, REPLACE ONLY WITH SAME TYPE_A,_V FUSE. ATTENTION: UTILISER UN FUSIBLE DE RECHANGE DE MÊME TYPE DE_A,_V. 2.
Main 3/4 & CRT Schematic Diagram P7151SCM3...
Main 4/4 Schematic Diagram CAUTION ! NOTE: CAUTION ! : For continued protection against risk of fire, Fixed voltage (or Auto voltage selectable) power supply circuit is used in this unit. The voltage for parts in hot circuit is measured using replace only with same type 4 A, 125V fuse.
DTV Module 2/2 Schematic Diagram VOLTAGE CHART CN101 Pin No. Voltage CN102 Pin No. Voltage P7151SCD2...
Main CBA Top View CAUTION ! Because a hot chassis ground is present in the power Fixed voltage (or Auto voltage selectable) power supply circuit is used in this unit. CAUTION ! : For continued protection against risk of fire, supply circuit, an isolation transformer must be used.
Main CBA Bottom View CAUTION ! Because a hot chassis ground is present in the power Fixed voltage (or Auto voltage selectable) power supply circuit is used in this unit. CAUTION ! : For continued protection against risk of fire, supply circuit, an isolation transformer must be used.
WAVEFORMS WF1 ~ WF15 = Waveforms to be observed at Waveform check points. (Shown in Schematic Diagram.) Input: NTSC Color Bar Signal (with 1kHz Audio Signal) INITIAL POSITION: Unplug unit from AC outlet for at least 5 minutes. reconnect to AC outlet and then turn power on. (Brightness---Center Color---Center Tint---Center Contrast---Approx 70%) 1DIV: 20V 20 µs 1DIV: 2V 20µs...
WF1 ~ WF15 = Waveforms to be observed at Waveform check points. (Shown in Schematic Diagram.) Input: NTSC Color Bar Signal (with 1kHz Audio Signal) INITIAL POSITION: Unplug unit from AC outlet for at least 5 minutes. reconnect to AC outlet and then turn power on. (Brightness---Center Color---Center Tint---Center Contrast---Approx 70%) 1DIV: 200V 20µs WF13...
IC PIN FUNCTION DESCRIPTIONS IC111 (TV Micro Controller) Signal Name Function Signal Name Function 37 V-RAMP-OUT Vertical Ramp Output 38 V-RAMP-CAP Vertical Ramp OSC Capacitor +8.7V +8.7V Regulator Control Signal VOLUME Volume Control Signal Output REG.OUT Output Not Used 40 H VCO F/B Horizontal Vco Feed Back RCV-IN Remote Control Signal Input...
Signal Name Function 77 SCL Serial Clock 78 I2C-OPEN Chip Select 79 SDA Serial Data INPUT-0 Input Select Signal Output / EXT-H / External Input at High 11-2 P7150PIN...
MECHANICAL PARTS LIST PRODUCT SAFETY NOTE: Products marked with a # have special characteristics important to safety. Before replacing any of these components, read carefully the product safety notice in this service manual. Don't degrade the safety of the product through improper servicing.
ELECTRICAL PARTS LIST PRODUCT SAFETY NOTE: Products marked with a Ref. No. Description Part No. # have special characteristics important to safety. C111 ELECTROLYTIC CAP . 47µF/16V M CE1CMASDL470 Before replacing any of these components, read C112 ELECTROLYTIC CAP . 4.7µF/50V M CE1JMASDL4R7 carefully the product safety notice in this service C113...
Ref. No. Description Part No. Ref. No. Description Part No. C606 CERAMIC CAP . F Z 0.01µF/500V CCD2JZP0F103 D113 ZENER DIODE MTZJT-774.3A QDTA0MTZJ4R3 C609 CERAMIC CAP . 680pF/2KV CA3D681PAN04 D132 ZENER DIODE MTZJT-776.2B QDTB0MTZJ6R2 C610# ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITOR 270µF/200V CA2D271DYG05 D171 SWITCHING DIODE 1SS133(T-77) QDTZ001SS133 C611...
Misuse of any trademarks or any other content in this manual is strictly prohibited. Funai shall aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. CR202EM8 P7151UM 2007-01-18...