Q624A Solid State Spark Generator
The Q624A is a solid state spark generator (transformer) for
use on commercial or industrial gas burners.
The specifications given in this publication do not
include normal manufacturing tolerances. Therefore,
this unit may not match the listed specifications
exactly. Also, this product is tested and calibrated
under closely controlled conditions, and some minor
differences in performance can be expected if those
conditions are changed.
Q624A1014 with threaded terminal nut high voltage electrode.
Voltage and Frequency: 120 Vac, 50/60 Hz.
Output Voltage: 10,000 volts.
• Ignites gas pilots with spark gaps up to 1/4 inch (6
millimeters) in length.
• 15,000 volts peak voltage for reliable lightoff.
• Prevents detection of the ignition spark when properly
applied in a flame detection system with the
C7027,C7035, or C7044 Minipeeper® or C7061 Dynamic
Self-Check Ultraviolet Flame Detector.
• Ignition spark and ultraviolet detector are
synchronized by the alternating current supply
voltage; spark occurs on one half of the ac cycle and
detector operates on the opposite half cycle.
• Recommended for interrupted ignition applications
• Mounts in the same space used by conventional
• Q624 mounting holes are the same as standard
transformers; no adapter plate needed.
• Impervious to humidity up to 95 percent relative
• Weighs 3 pounds (1.4 kilograms) versus 8-1/2 pounds
(3.9 kilograms) for standard transformers.
Primary VA Rating: 66 VA at 120 Vac.
Firing Rage: 60 sparks per second.
Voltage, peak-to-peak: 22,000 volts nonsinusoidal.
Firing cycle peak voltage: 15,000 volts ±500 volts, open
Energy Discharge: 200 millijoules per spark.
Discharge Time: 0.3 milliseconds per spark.
Power Dissipation: approximately 12 watts per second.
Maximum High Voltage Lead Length: 15 ft. (4.6 m)
Maximum Spark Gap: 1/4 in. (6 mm).