HINTS FOR GREAT-TASTING COFFEE
1. A clean coffee maker is essential for making great-tasting coffee.
Regularly clean your coffee maker as specified in the "CLEANING
AND MAINTENANCE" section. Always use fresh, cold water in the
2. Store unused coffee grounds in a cool, dry place. After opening a
package of coffee grounds, reseal it tightly and store it in a refrigera-
tor to maintain its freshness.
3. For optimum coffee taste, buy whole coffee beans and grind them
finely just before brewing.
4. Do not reuse coffee grounds since this will greatly reduce the coffee's
flavor. Reheating coffee is not recommended as coffee is at its peak
flavor immediately after brewing.
5. Clean the coffee maker when over-extraction causes oiliness. Small
oil droplets on the surface of brewed, black coffee are due to the
extraction of oil from the coffee grounds.
6. Oiliness may occur more frequently if heavily roasted coffees are
Unplug the unit and allow it to cool. Always clean the unit before stor-
ing. Store your coffee maker in its original box in a clean dry place.
Never pack up your coffee maker while it is still hot. Never wrap cord
tightly around the appliance. Do not put any stress on the cord where it
enters the unit, as it could cause the cord to fray and break.