1. Touch & hold a network in the list of Wi-Fi networks you've
2. Touch Modify network in the dialog that opens.
3. select Show advanced options.
4. if the network has no proxy settings, touch none under Proxy
settings, then touch Manual in the menu that opens.
5. enter the proxy settings supplied by your network admini-
6. Touch Save.
The proxy settings apply only to the Wi-Fi network you modified.
To change the proxy settings for other Wi-Fi networks, modify
Set Wi-Fi notifications, disconnect policy, & other
To work with advanced Wi-Fi settings:
1. Turn on Wi-Fi, if it's not already on.
2. in the Wi-Fi settings screen, touch
These are the settings you can adjust:
Network notification: by default, when Wi-Fi is on, you re-
ceive notifications in the Status bar when your device de-
tects an open Wi-Fi network. uncheck this option to turn off
Keep Wi-Fi during sleep: To conserve mobile data usage,
your device stays connected to Wi-Fi when the screen goes
Nexus 7 Guidebook
Menu icon > Advanced.
CoNNeCT To NeTWoRks