2. To turn off location reporting, touch Location reporting > Do
not update your location.
3. To turn off location history, uncheck Enable location history.
Delete location history details
Even if you turn off both location reporting and location history,
your previously recorded history is still available to Google ser-
vices such as Google Now.
To delete location history details, follow these steps from a desk-
1. Open a web browser and make sure you're signed in with the
account whose location history you want to manage.
2. Visit http://google.com/locationhistory.
A page appears that allows you to view your location history
for any date.
3. To delete all your recorded location history, click Delete all
Alternatively, from this screen you can delete a portion of
your location history starting from a date you choose in the
4. Click OK.
Turn off location access for your tablet
Even when location reporting and location history are turned off,
Google can periodically report data for use by various apps from
sources such as Wi-Fi, mobile networks, and GPS to determine
your precise location at any given time.
To turn off access to precise location information for your tab-
let, go to
Settings > Personal > Location access and slide the
switch to Off.
NEXUS 7 GUIDEBOOK
USE GOOGLE NOW & SEARCH