The Setup Menu
To enter the Setup Menu, press the Setup Button on the remote while the DVD is in stop mode.
TV Shape The ratio of the width of an image to its height.
• Normal/PS (4:3) The Normal/PS (Pan & Scan) ratio shows the DVD movie in standard 4:3 aspect
ratio screen, but the sides of the movie are cut away so that it fits on a standard TV screen
• Normal/LB (4:3) The Normal/LB (Letterbox) ratio shows the DVD movie in a original format.
• Wide (16:9) The Wide ratio shows the DVD movie in its widescreen format. Use this setting when
viewing a movie on a widescreen TV.
Angle mark Turn the Angle mark feature on to have the unit indicate when the angle feature can be used on
OSD Language In the OSD (On Screen Display) Language Section choose from English, French, and
Spanish as different OSD Languages.
Digital Output Switch the digital output between Spdif Off, RAW, and PCM.
Screen Saver Turn the Screen Saver on or off.
• Lt/Rt The digital audio output format are set in Lt/Rt downmix mode.
• Stereo The digital audio output format are set in Stereo downmix mode.
Dynamic Adjust the Dynamic Range of the audio between Off, 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, and Full.
Audio Use the Audio setting to select the audio language of the DVD. The Audio setting is dependent on
the DVD's language offerings.
Subtitle The Subtitle setting allows the user to turn subtitles on and change the language of the subtitles.
The Subtitle setting is dependent on the DVD's language offerings.
Disc Menu Use the Disc Menu setting to select the written language on the DVD's main menu. The DVD
Menu setting is dependent on the DVD content.
Default The Default Settings button will change all settings back to the original factory defaults.
D108S-IB (Cost Down).indd 15
3/6/008 10:51:36 AM