1. Important Safety Instructions 1-2 TUV Safety Instruction • Please observe the following precautions to ensure personnel safety and reliable equipment observation: • The sound pressure level at the operator’s position according to IEC 704-1:1982 is equal or less than 70dB(A). For installation: •...
Safety Instructions (continued) EC Conformity Declaration The devices comply with the regulations of the following guidelines: • 73/23/EEC guideline of the Council for approximation of the legal regulations of the EC countries concerning the electrical apparatus within certain voltage tolerances, modified by the guide-line RL 93/68/EEC of the Council.
2. Introduction 1-3 SYMBOLS PROTECTIVE GROUNDING TERMINAL: A terminal that must be connected to earth ground prior to making any other connection to the equipment. A terminal to which or from which an alternating (sine wave) current or voltage may be applied or supplied. A terminal to which or from which a direct current or voltage may be applied or supplied.
Introduction 2-1 Theory of Operation Regulator PRO ™ NetUPS Series is a line-interactive UPS with Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) that provides clean and reliable AC power to the computer system through the input and output EMI filter, surge suppressor and line-conditioning transformer (autotransformer) that can boost or buck-down line voltage according to the AC input voltage amplitude.
Intelligent communication interface and powerful network support capability The built-in communication interface (RS-232 and dry contact) allows you to control and manage your UPS via powerful Belkin Sentry Bulldog Shutdown Management Software. Moreover, an optional built-in SNMP accessory slot Regulator PRO NetUPS be easily managed through a network.
Introduction (continued) 2-4 Front Panel ON-TEST ON BATTERY BUCK NORMAL BOOST OVERLOAD REPLACE BATTERY LOAD LEVEL BATTERY LEVEL ON/TEST: Pressing the button activates two functions. One is ON, the other is TEST. *ON: Pressing the button on the UPS and power the load. *TEST: To activate UPS self-test.
Introduction (continued) ON BATTERY LED : Indicates the UPS is supplying the load from the battery power. REPLACE BATTERY: Indicates the UPS battery is no longer useful and must be replaced immediately. BATTERY LEVEL LED: Displays the remaining percentage of battery capacity (25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%).
Introduction (continued) Rear panel of F6C700-EUR Rear panel of F6C1000-EUR/F6C1400-EUR...
3-3 Installation 1. Connecting to utility power Belkin Sentry Bulldog Shutdown Management Software and RS232 cables can be used with this UPS. To use, connect the interface cable to the computer interface port on the back panel of the UPS and then connect the cable to the serial port on your PC.
Installation (continued) 2. Charging the battery The battery charger of the UPS automatically charges the battery whenever the power cord of the UPS is connected to a normal utility power. When the UPS is running for the first time, charge the UPS for at least six hours to ensure batteries inside are fully charged before operation.
4. Operation 4-1 Cold Start when utility is not present Even with the absence of utility power, the UPS can be turned "On". Just push the ON/TEST button and wait for about two seconds for the UPS to be turned "On". The INVERTER LED will light followed by a beep and the UPS is "On".
Operation (continued) 4-6 Load Level Display The 4-LED load percentage display shows the power level (20%, 40%, 60%, 80%) drawn by the loads from the UPS. If the UPS is overloaded, the OVERLOAD LED will light. 4-7 Battery Level Display This display shows the battery capacity left in the battery.
Operation (continued) OVERLOAD: If an overload occurs, the OVERLOAD LED will light and a continuous ected to beep will be heard. Under this condition, check the load conn the UPS. BUCK/BOOST: If the UPS encounters a high utility voltage, the function of the buck is to automatically curtail this voltage to a normal level.
Operation (continued) BATTERY LOW: This function is to inform users of the remaining power capacity of the batteries. When batteries reach a low-level condition, the UPS alarm will beep once every second and the LED on the 25% level will flash. SHORT CIRCUIT: When a short occurs in an ON UTILITY MODE, the UPS will shift to ON BATTERY MODE.
Operation (continued) OVER TEMPERATURE When temperature inside the UPS is too high, the LED of Buck-Down, Boost, Normal, and On Battery will light, the alarm will sound continuously and, after a minute, the UPS will stop supplying power to the load. UPS FAULT When there is a breakdown on the UPS, all LEDs will light and the buzzer will sound continuously.
6. Replacing Battery EcoBattery Replacement Program In the event that the UPS needs a battery replacement, Belkin offers its EcoBattery Replacement Program. It ensures that the battery in the UPS is discarded properly in an effort to keep our environment clean. All participants in the program will receive a two-year extended product warranty.
Replacing Battery (continued) Regulator PRO NetUPS Series provides a convenient and easy way to ™ replace batteries. If batteries are in poor condition, follow the proper procedure for battery replacement. 6-1 Notice • When replacing batteries, always use the same type as the previous one.
Replacing Battery 5. Disconnect the battery: • For F6C700 -EUR (700VA) and F6C1000 -EUR (1000VA) models, disconnect the batteries and UPS by loosening the connectors. • For F6C1400 -EUR (1400VA) model, disconnect the batteries and UPS by pulling apart the two white couplers that are connected together.
7. Troubleshooting PROBLEM POSSIBLE CAUSE SOLUTION UPS is not turned on. ON/TEST button is not Press the ON/TEST (No alarm, no LED lights.) pushed. button to turn on the UPS. (Refer to section 4 to turn on the UPS.) The rear panel circuit 1.
Troubleshooting PROBLEM POSSIBLE CAUSE SOLUTION All LEDs light. Internal UPS fault. 1. Turn off UPS. 2. Call for service. 'REPLACE BATTERY' 1. Recharge the batteries Weak batteries. LED lights. for at least 4 hours. 2. If problem remains, replace the batteries. Re-test after using PC-UPS communication Incorrect transmission...
8. Communication Interface The Regulator PRO NetUPS Series has a 9-pin D-type connector that ™ concurrently provides protocols for RS-232 and Dry contact. Using the optional software, the UPS and computer can transmit signals to each other. These two communication ports are used to control the UPS and its connector pin are defined as follows: 8-1 RS-232 NC ------------------...
Communication Interface (continued) The UPS data is provided at 2400 bps baud rate and made up of 8-bit, 1 stop-bit, and no parity bit. All information is encoded in ASCII format. HARDWARE: BAUD RATE ------------------------2400 bps DATA LENGTH --------------------8 bits STOP BIT ---------------------------1-bit PARITY ------------------------------NONE CABLING:...
Communication Interface (continued) 8-2 Dry Contact NC ----------------- 6-------------- Low Battery NC ----------------- 7-------------- Shut Down-------- 8-------------- AC Fail ------------ 9-------------- Signal Ground ---- Pin 4: Output signal transfers from HIGH to LOW when utility fails. The pin is normally at high level. Pin 6: Output signal transfers from HIGH to LOW upon low battery.
9. Specifications ELECTRICAL INPUT Voltage 191V~250V for 220V Model Line Conditioning Boost: +17%; Buck-Down: -13% 220V Model: 191V~205V (Boost); 232V~250V (Buck-Down) Frequency 50Hz ELECTRICAL OUTPUT -EUR : Maximum Load F6C700 700VA/450W -EUR : 1000VA/670W F6C1000 -EUR : 1400VA/950W F6C1400 Voltage (On Battery Mode) Nominal Voltage (100V/110V/120V/ 220V/230V/240V) ±...
Specifications (continued) -EUR Battery Number F6C700 12V/7Ah -EUR and Capacity F6C1000 12V/12Ah -EUR F6C1400 12V/17Ah Typical Recharge Time < 8 hours recharge to 90% capacity INTERFACE Communication One female DB9 connector for RS-232 and Dry Contact Single LED Indicator Inverter, Replace Battery, Buck-Down Normal, Boost Sequenced LED Indicator Battery Level, Load Level...
APPENDIX A: Typical Run Time F6C700-EUR (700VA/450W) Load Typical Run Time 20% (90W) 55 minutes 40% (180W) 22 minutes 60% (270W) 13 minutes 80% (360W) 8 minutes 100% (450W) 5 minutes F6C1000-EUR (1000 VA/670W) Load Typical Run Time 20% (134W)
Belkin Components warrants this product against defects in materials and workmanship for its lifetime. If a defect is discovered, Belkin will, at its option, repair or replace the product at no charge provided it is returned during the warranty period, with transportation charges prepaid, to the authorized Belkin dealer from whom you purchased the product.