Know your Table Top Can Opener
Your Kenwood Can Opener can be used to open a variety of domestic
can shapes and sizes. In addition the CO606 Series incorporates a
bottle opener and a knife sharpening facility.
When using electrical appliances basic safety precautions should
always be followed, including the following:-
1. Read all instructions.
2. This appliance is not intended for use by young children or infirm
persons without supervision.
3. Do not immerse appliance, cord or plug in water or other liquid.
4. Do not use the appliance if it is damaged.
5. Unplug the appliance from the mains supply
immediately after use
6. Do not use the appliance for other than its intended use.
7. This appliance is for domestic use only.
8. Young children should be supervised to ensure that they do not
play with this appliance.
KEEP THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Connecting to Power
Before switching on make sure that the voltage of your electricity
supply is the same as that indicated on the underside of your can
IMPORTANT (UK ONLY): The wires in the mains lead are coloured
in accordance with the following code:
This can opener complies with European Economic Community Radio
Interference Directive 89/336/EEC.
1. Bottle Opener
2. Drive Wheel
Using your Table Top Can Opener
5. Cutter Blade
1. Ensure that the lever is in position with
6. Guide Pin
7. Knife Sharpener
8. Cord Stowage
2. Plug the appliance into the power
3. Lift the lever to the open position.
4. Hold the can with the top rim resting
5. Press the lever lightly down to start the
6. The can will be held fixed in position
7. Once the can is open, the motor will
8. To remove, lift the lever whilst holding
9. With the exception of aluminium cans,
10. For tidiness, any unwanted length of
the magnet housing fully located (Fig. 1
under the metal guide pin and the can
resting on the drive wheel (Fig. 3).
motor. The self-starting blade will then
pierce the can and commence cutting.
with the magnet resting against the lid.
Large or wide cans may require extra
support from the user.
automatically stop, retaining the can and
lid safely in place.
the lid will be retained by the magnet.
cord can be stowed inside the