Before plugging in your BUFFET RANGE, check to ensure that the electrical circuit is
not overloaded with other appliances. This unit should always be operated on a
separate 120 volt, 60 Hz, AC circuit. Be certain that your BUFFET RANGE is resting
level on the countertop. There are 2 burner rings on this unit. The larger burner is
rated at 900 watts. The smaller burner is rated at 600 watts. Use the larger burner
for fast cooking, and use the smaller burner for simmering or warming.
NOTE: Avoid using pans that are unstable and easily tipped.
1. Place unit on a flat surface.
NOTE: Be sure to leave 4 to 6 inches of space above and around the unit for
2. Plug unit into electrical outlet. Turn Temperature Control Dials from OFF (
selected setting (I = Low, II = Medium, III = High). The Indicator Light will glow
when the burner is ON.
CAUTION: Do not touch while in use.
3. When using a pot or pan, place it in the center of the burner. It is
recommended that you use a pot or pan that is the same size as the burner.
4. When cooking is complete turn Temperature Control Dial(s) to the OFF position.
The Indicator Light will stop glowing when the burner is OFF.
5. When not in use, unplug unit to assure that it is off. This helps prevent
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER
• Before the BUFFET RANGE is used for the first time, it should be heated up at
maximum setting for approximately 4 minutes without a pot. During this curing
process, the protective coating is hardened and obtains its maximum strength.
• The BUFFET RANGE may smoke the first time it is used – it is not defective and
the smoke will burn off within a few minutes.
• Do not leave the unit ON without any pots/pans on the Solid Burners after the
• Do not use as a portable heater.
• Make sure the power supply cord does not touch hot elements or cooking
• For daily cooking, wipe excess water/condensation off pots, lids and utensils
prior to use.
• Make sure that hot pots/pans do not touch the Housing Unit – these could
damage the surface finish.
• The larger burner is rated at 900 watts. The smaller burner is rated at 600
watts. Use the larger burner for fast cooking, and use the smaller burner for
simmering or warming.
Reasonable care will ensure many years of service from your unit. Avoid dropping
items on the Burner Rings and Solid Burners.
1. Turn Temperature Control Dial(s) OFF.
2. Always unplug unit from electrical outlet and allow to cool before cleaning.
3. NEVER IMMERSE UNIT IN WATER OR OTHER LIQUIDS.
4. For easy cleaning, the Burners are sealed. Do not attempt to separate Burners
from the unit.
5. Use a damp, soapy cloth or sponge to clean the surface of the Solid Burners,
Burner Rings, Non-Skid Feet and Housing Unit. NEVER USE HARSH ABRASIVE OR
STEEL WOOL PADS ON ANY PART OF THE BURNER.
6. Thoroughly wipe soap from Solid Burners and Burner Rings.
7. There are no user serviceable parts. Any servicing other than cleaning should
be performed by an authorized service center.