keyLeSS ChUCk (fIgURe f)
Make certain the lock-off
button is engaged to prevent switch
actuation before installing or removing
To insert a drill bit or other accessory:
1. Grasp the rear half of the chuck (4)
with one hand and use your other
hand to rotate the front half (4a) in the
counterclockwise direction, as viewed
from the chuck end.
2 . Insert the bit or other accessory fully into
the chuck, and tighten securely by holding
the rear half of the chuck and rotating the
front portion in the clockwise direction as
viewed from the chuck end.
Do not attempt to tighten drill bits (or any other accessory) by gripping the
front part of the chuck and turning the tool on. Damage to the chuck and personal injury
may occur when changing accessories.
For driving fasteners, the reversing button should be pushed to the left. Use reverse
(button pushed to the right) for removing fasteners. When moving from forward to reverse,
or vice versa, always release the trigger switch first.
ON BOARD BIT STORAge (fIgURe g)
A bit storage slot (8) is built-in to the area just above the battery
• Use sharp drill bits only.
• Support and secure work properly, as instructed in the Safety Instructions.
• Use appropriate and required safety equipment, as instructed in the Safety Instructions.
• Secure and maintain work area, as instructed in the Safety Instructions.
• run the drill very slowly, using light pressure, until the hole is started enough to keep the
drill bit from slipping out of it.
• Apply pressure in a straight line with the bit. Use enough pressure to keep the bit biting
but not so much as to stall the motor or deflect the bit.
• hold the drill firmly with two hands to control its twisting action.
• DO NOT CLICk THE TrIGGEr OF A STALLED DrILL OFF AND ON IN AN ATTEMPT
TO STArT IT. DAMAGE TO THE DrILL CAN rESULT.
• Minimize stalling on breakthrough by reducing pressure and slowly drilling through the
last part of the hole.
• keep the motor running while pulling the bit out of a drilled hole. This will help reduce
• Make sure switch turns drill on and off.