AIR PURIFIER SAFETY
When using electrical appliances, basic
safety precautions should always be
followed to reduce the risk of fire,
electric shock, and injury to persons,
including the following:
• Read all instructions before using the
• To avoid fire or shock hazard, plug the
appliance directly into a 120V AC
• If the filter is covered by a bag when
shipped: Remove plastic bag before use.
• Keep the cord out of heavy traffic
areas. To avoid fire hazard, NEVER
put the cord under rugs, near heat
registers, radiators, stoves, or heaters.
• To protect against electrical hazards,
DO NOT immerse in water or other
liquids. Do not use near water.
• Close supervision is necessary when
any appliance is used by or near
children, or disabled persons.
• !WARNING: Always unplug the air
purifier before moving it, opening the
grill, changing the filters, cleaning, or
whenever the air purifier is not in use.
Be sure to pull by the plug and not the
• NEVER drop or insert any object into
• DO NOT operate any appliance with a
damaged cord or plug, if motor fan
fails to rotate, after the appliance
malfunctions, or if it has been
dropped or damaged in any manner.
Return appliance to manufacturer for
examination, electrical or mechanical
adjustment, or repair.
• Use appliance only for intended
household use as described in this
manual. Any other use not
recommended by the manufacturer
may cause fire, electric shock, or injury
to persons. The use of attachments not
recommended may cause hazards.
• DO NOT use outdoors.
• NEVER block the air openings,
grills/outlets or place on a soft surface
such as a bed or sofa, as this could
cause the unit to tip over, blocking the
Air Intake Opening/Grill.
• Keep unit away from heated surfaces
and open flames.
• DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust
any electrical or mechanical functions
on this unit. Doing so will void your
warranty. The inside of the unit
contains no user serviceable parts. All
servicing should be performed by
qualified personnel only.
• !WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire
or electric shock, DO NOT use this air
purifier with any solid-state speed
• DO NOT place anything on top of unit.
• DO NOT plug the cord in with wet
hands: electric shock could result.
• NEVER use detergents, gasoline, glass
cleaner, furniture polish, paint thinner
or other household solvents to clean
any part of the air cleaner.
• The ionizer may cause a static charge
to build up on the air output grill. A
static-charged electric shock may be
felt if the unit is not properly
grounded. To avoid a shock, plug the
unit's three-prong plug into a
grounded outlet. The shock will not
occur if the ionizer is off.
• DO NOT under any circumstances cut
or remove the third (Ground) prong
from power cord. For personal safety,
this appliance must be properly