Step 1: Mount the nüvi
1. Remove the clear plastic from the suction
cup. Clean and dry your windshield and
the suction cup with a lint-free cloth.
2. Place the suction cup on the windshield.
3. Plug the vehicle power cable into the
power connector on the right side of the
4. Snap the cradle onto the suction cup
Suction cup mount
5. Flip the lever back, toward the
6. Fit the bottom of your nüvi into the
7. Tilt the nüvi back until it snaps into place.
8. Plug the other end of the vehicle power
cable into a power outlet in your vehicle.
Your unit should turn on automatically if it
is plugged in and your vehicle is running.
9. If you are using a traffic receiver in
Europe, secure the antenna on the
traffic receiver to the windshield using
the suction cups. (The traffic receiver is
included in some nüvi packages.)
Step 2: Configure the nüvi
To turn on your nüvi, slide the
key to the left. Follow the on-screen
Step 3: Acquire Satellites
1. Go outdoors to an open area, out of
garages, and away from tall buildings.
2. Stop your vehicle, and turn on the nüvi.