IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Avoid fire hazard or electric shock. Do not use an
extension cord or an adapter plug. Do not remove any
prong from power cord.
Please read all safety instructions before using your
For Your Safety
• Do not store or use gasoline, or other flammable liq-
uids in the vicinity of this or any other appliance. Read
product labels for warnings regarding flammability and
• Do not operate the unit in the presence of
• Remove and discard any spacers used to secure the
shelves during shipping. Small objects are a choke
hazard to children.
• Remove all staples from the carton. Staples can cause
severe cuts, and also destroy finishes if they come in
contact with other appliances or furniture.
• Destroy carton, plastic bags, and any exterior wrap-
ping material immediately after the wine cooler is
unpacked. Children should never use these items to
play. Cartons covered with rugs, bedspreads, plastic
sheets or stretch wrap may become airtight chambers,
and can quickly cause suffocation.
• An empty, discarded freezer is a very dangerous at-
traction to children.
• Remove the door(s) of any appliance that is not in
use, even if it is being discarded.
These guidelines must be followed to ensure that
safety mechanisms in the design of this freezer will
• Refer to the serial plate for correct electrical rating.
The power cord of the appliance is equipped with a
three-prong grounding plug for your protection against
electrical shock hazards. It must be plugged directly
into a properly grounded three-prong receptacle, pro-
tected with a 15 amp time delay fuse or circuit break-
er. The receptacle must be installed in accordance with
the local codes and ordinances. Consult a qualified
electrician. Receptacles protected by Ground Fault
Circuit Interrupters (GFCI) are NOT RECOMMENDED.
Do NOT use an extension cord or adapter plug.
• If voltage varies by 10 percent or more, freezer perfor-
mance may be affected. Operating the freezer with in-
sufficient power can damage the motor. Such damage
is not covered under the warranty. If you suspect your
household voltage is high or low, consult your power
company for testing.
• To prevent the freezer from being turned off acciden-
tally, do not plug unit into an outlet controlled by a
wall switch or pull cord.
• Do not pinch, knot, or bend power cord in any manner.
• To defrost freezer, always unplug unit first.
• Never unplug the freezer by pulling on the power cord.
Always grip the plug firmly and pull straight out from
• Turning the control to OFF turns off the com-
pressor, but does not disconnect power to other