Before Operating Your Washer
Read your washer Owner's Guide. It has important
safety and warranty information. It also has many
suggestions for best washing results.
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock,
or injury to persons, read the IMPORTANT SAFETY
INSTRUCTIONS in your washer Owner's Guide before
operating this appliance.
Read Washing Procedures in your Owner's Guide.
It explains these operating steps in detail.
1. Sort laundry into loads that can be washed together.
2. Prepare items for washing.
3. Pretreat stains and heavy soil.
4. Add the measured amount of detergent to wash
5. If desired, add liquid bleach to Bleach Dispenser.
6. Add laundry load to wash tub.
7. If desired, add liquid fabric softener to Fabric Softener
8. Set cycle selector and washer controls according to
type, size, and soil level of each load.
Printed in U.S.A.
9. Close lid and pull cycle selector knob to start washer.
10. Remove items at end of cycle. A signal will sound at
the end of the cycle when the End of Cycle Signal is
turned on. Wait about 1 minute for safety lid lock to
Always follow instructions on fabric care labels.
The Whites, Colors, and Knits & Delicates cycles provide
a spray rinse during the first spin, followed by a deep
rinse and final spin.
Provides up to 15 minutes of wash agitation for most
fabrics. Power Spin provides 12 minutes of spin at a
selected speed for maximum removal of water. This
conserves energy by reducing drying time.
Extra Rinse Cycle
Use Extra Rinse to remove excess dirt and detergent
from heavily soiled loads. Extra Rinse provides 3
minutes of rinse agitation, then a 9 minute spin.
Select Automatic Extra Rinse under Wash Cycle
Options to automatically advance to Extra Rinse
after the Whites cycle is completed.
Select Automatic Power Scrub/Extra Rinse under
Wash Cycle Options to automatically advance to
Extra Rinse after the Soak & Prewash and Whites
cycles are completed.
Provides 12 minutes of wash agitation for light weight
cottons, 8 minutes of wash agitation for items with a no-
iron finish or 4 minutes of wash agitation for knits.
Knits & Delicates Cycle
Provides 6 minutes of wash agitation for delicate items
or 3 minutes of wash agitation for hand washables.
Soak & Prewash Cycle
• Use Soak to treat heavily soiled or stained items.
Soak provides 3 minutes of agitation and 12 minutes
of soaking time. The load then advances into the
Prewash portion of the cycle.
• Use the amount of detergent recommended for a
normal wash cycle. If desired, use bleach or a
soaking agent for colorfast items.
• The Soak water temperature is the same as the
rinse water temperature selected.
• Select the Agitate/Spin Speed appropriate for the
items being soaked.
• Select Wash Cycle Option OFF if advancing into the
Whites cycle is not desired.
• Follow Soak with a complete wash cycle using the
normal amount of detergent.
P/N 134334000A (0403)