Before Operating Your Washer
Read your washer Owner's Guide. It has important safety
and warranty information. It also has many suggestions
for best washing results.
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or
injury to persons, read the IMPORTANT SAFETY
INSTRUCTIONS in your washer Owner's Guide before
operating this appliance.
Read and follow "Washing Procedures" in your Owner's
Guide. It provides detailed information for preparing the
wash load and choosing control settings to ensure best
1. Sort laundry into loads that can be washed together.
2. Prepare items for washing.
3. Pretreat stains and heavy soil.
4. Add laundry load to the wash drum.
5. Add laundry products to the dispenser.
Detergent, bleach and fabric softener will be
dispensed at the proper time in the cycle.
Slide safety latch to the right to open the dispenser
Add the recommended amount of a high
efficiency detergent to the detergent
WASHER OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
• If desired, add liquid chlorine bleach and liquid fabric
softener to the appropriate compartments.
• Slowly close the dispenser drawer. Closing the
drawer too quickly could result in early dispensing
of bleach or fabric softener.
• Any water remaining in the dispenser at the end of
the cycle is a result of siphoning action and part of
6. Select the appropriate cycle and settings for the load.
• Turn the Cycle Selector knob to select the cycle. The
estimated time will be displayed.
• Suitable wash and rinse water temperatures, final
spin speed, options and soil level for each cycle will
automatically be displayed.
• To change the settings, press the TEMP, SPIN and
SOIL buttons. To provide the best care for your
laundry, not every temperature, spin speed, option
and soil level is available with every cycle. If a setting
is not available, its indicator will not light.
• To select or delete an option, press OPTIONS, then,
while the indicator is blinking, press Select. The
indicator will light when the option has been
selected. It will no longer be lighted when the option
has been deleted.
• Adjustments to the cycle will be remembered each
time that cycle is selected in the future. See the
Cycle Selections chart for factory settings.
7. Select Delay Start to delay the beginning of the cycle
for up to 12 hours. The delay time selected will be
displayed as 30, 60 or 90 minutes or 2 through 12 hrs.
8. Start the washer.
• Close the door and press START. The washer will
not operate with the door open. The status lights will
blink, the signal will beep and "dr" will be displayed
as a reminder to close the door.
• As a safety measure, the door will automatically lock
during the entire wash cycle and the Door Lock
indicator will be lighted.
• A forgotten item can be added to the wash drum.
Press Pause/Cancel once. "PAU" will be displayed
alternately with the estimated cycle time. Open the
door, add the item, close the door and press START
to resume the cycle.
• If the cycle is interrupted during spin, it will take
approximately 2-3 minutes for the door lock to
release. DO NOT force open the door.
• To stop the washer, press Pause/Cancel twice.
9. A signal will sound when the Cycle Signal option is
selected. Remove items from the washer when the
Turn the Cycle Selector knob to the desired cycle. For best
results, follow the fabric care label instructions on items to
be washed. To change the selection after the cycle has
begun, press Pause/Cancel twice. Just turning the knob
to another selection will not change the cycle. The signal
will beep and the status lights will flash but the original
cycle will continue.
PN 134848800A (0804)