Before Operating Your Washer
Read your washer Owner's Guide. It has important safety
and warranty information. It also has many suggestions
for best washing results.
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or injury
to persons, read the IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
in your washer Owner's Guide before operating this
Read and follow "Washing Procedures" in your Owner's
Guide. It provides detailed information for preparing the
wash load and choosing control settings to ensure best
1. Sort laundry into loads that can be washed together.
2. Prepare items for washing.
3. Pretreat stains and heavy soil.
4. Add laundry load to the wash drum.
5. Add laundry products to the dispenser.
• Detergent, bleach and fabric softener will be
dispensed at the proper time in the cycle.
• Open the dispenser drawer and
add the recommended amount of
a high efficiency detergent to the
• If desired, add liquid chlorine bleach and liquid fabric
softener to the appropriate compartments.
• Slowly close dispenser drawer.
• Any water remaining in the dispenser at the end of the
cycle is a result of siphoning action and part of the
6. Select the appropriate cycle and settings for the load.
• Turn the Cycle Selector knob in either direction to
select the cycle. The estimated cycle time will be
WASHER OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
• Suitable wash and rinse water temperatures, final
spin speed, options and soil level for each cycle will
automatically be displayed. See the Cycle Selection
Chart for more details.
• To change the settings, press the Temperature, Spin
Speed and Soil Level buttons.
• To select or delete an option, press Options, then,
while the indicator is blinking, press Select. The
indicator will light when the option has been selected.
It will no longer be lighted when the option has been
• To provide the best care for your laundry, not every
setting or option is available with every cycle. If a
setting or an option is not available, its indicator will
• Adjustments to the cycle will be remembered each
that cycle is selected in the future. To return
to the factory settings, press Start/Pause and Select
at the same time and hold until a signal sounds.
7. Select Delay Start to delay the beginning of the cycle
for up to 14 hours, if desired.
8. Start the washer.
• Close the door and press Start/Pause. The washer
will not operate with the door open. The status lights
will blink, the signal will beep and "dr" will be
displayed as a reminder to close the door.
• As a safety measure, the door will automatically lock
during the entire wash cycle and the Door Lock
indicator will be lighted.
• To add a forgotten item to the wash drum, press
Start/Pause, open the door, add the item, close the
door and press Start/Pause to resume the cycle.
"PAU" will be displayed alternately with the estimated
• If the cycle is interrupted during spin, it will take
approximately 2-3 minutes for the door lock to
release. DO NOT force open the door.
• To stop the washer, press Cancel.
9. A signal will sound when the Signal option is selected.
Remove items from the washer when the cycle ends.
Turn the Cycle Selector knob to the desired cycle. For best
results, follow the fabric care label instructions on items to
be washed. To change the selection after the cycle has
begun, press Cancel before making another choice. Just
turning the knob to another selection will not change the
Deep Clean Sanitary
Use this cycle to clean heavily soiled, colorfast fabrics
including towels, bedding, children's clothing or other
items where sanitization is desired. This cycle combines
super hot water temperature and fast speed tumbling to
help ensure the removal of heavy soils and stains. It is
recommended that you set your hot water heater to 120F
(49C) or higher to ensure proper performance during the
cycle. If the setting is lower, the cycle time will be extended
by 30 minutes or more.
This cycle has been certified by NSF International, an
independent third-party testing and certification
organization dedicated to public health, safety and
NSF Protolcol P172
Sanitization Performance of Residential
and Commercial, Family-Sized Clothes
The Deep Clean Sanitary cycle will kill 99.9% of bacteria
with no carryover of bacteria between loads. No bleach or
harsh chemicals are required, but higher temperatures
are required. Please check fabric care labels to prevent
damage. Only the Hot/Cold Temperature setting is
PN 134851000C (0712)