This symbol will help alert you to situations that may cause serious bodily harm, death or property damage.
This symbol will help alert you to situations that may cause bodily injury or property damage.
To reduce the risk of fire, burns, electric shock, injury to persons, or exposure to excessive microwave
energy when using your appliance, follow basic precautions, including the following sections.
• Read all instructions before using the appliance.
• Read and follow the specific "PRECAUTIONS TO
AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE
MICROWAVE ENERGY" on page 2.
• This appliance must be grounded. Connect only to
properly grounded outlet. See "ELECTRICAL
GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS" on page 5.
• Install or locate this appliance only in accordance with
the provided installation instructions.
• Some products such as whole eggs and sealed containers
—for example, closed glass jars—are able to explode
and should not be heated in this microwave oven.
• Use this appliance only for its intended use as described
in this manual. Do not use corrosive chemicals or vapors
in this appliance. This type of microwave oven is
specifically designed to heat, cook or dry food. It is not
designed for industrial or laboratory use.
• As with any appliance, close supervision is necessary
when used by children.
• Do not operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord
or plug, if it is not working properly or if it has been
damaged or dropped.
• This appliance should be serviced only by qualified
service personnel. Contact nearest Electrolux
Authorized Servicer for examination, repair or
• Do not cover or block any openings on the appliance.
• Do not store or use this appliance outdoors. Do not use
this product near water—for example, near a kitchen
sink, in a wet basement or near a swimming pool, or
• Do not immerse cord or plug in water.
• Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
• See door surface cleaning instructions on page 15.
• To reduce the risk of fire in the microwave oven cavity:
- Do not overcook food. Carefully attend appliance when
Important Safety Instructions
READ ALL INFORMATION BEFORE USING
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
paper, plastic or other combustible materials are
placed inside the microwave oven to facilitate cooking.
- Remove wire twist-ties from paper or plastic bags
before placing bag in microwave oven.
- If materials inside the microwave oven should ignite,
keep microwave oven door closed, turn microwave
oven off and disconnect the power cord or shut off
power at the fuse or circuit breaker panel.
- Do not use the cavity for storage purposes. Do not
leave paper products, cooking utensils or food in the
cavity when not in use.
• Liquids, such as water, coffee or tea are able to be
overheated beyond the boiling point without appearing
to be boiling. Visible bubbling or boiling when the
container is removed from the microwave oven is not
always present. THIS COULD RESULT IN VERY HOT
LIQUIDS SUDDENLY BOILING OVER WHEN A
SPOON OR OTHER UTENSIL IS INSERTED INTO
To reduce the risk of injury to persons:
- Do not overheat the liquid.
- Stir the liquid both before and halfway through heating it.
- Do not use straight-sided containers with narrow
necks. Use a wide-mouthed container.
- After heating, allow the container to stand in the
microwave oven at least for 20 seconds before
removing the container.
- Use extreme care when inserting a spoon or other
utensil into the container.
• If the microwave oven is installed as a built-in, observe
the following instructions:
- Do not mount over a sink.
- Do not store anything directly on top of the appliance
surface when the appliance is in operation.
• If the microwave oven light fails, consult a ELECTROLUX