NPB-MDM Modem Card
This modem may require testing and
certification in some European and Asian
countries prior to connecting to the Public
Switched Telephone Network. Refer to the
particular country's telephone authorities for
This document covers the mounting and wiring of the
NPB-MDM Modem Card in a Honeywell WEB-201
Controller. For related WEB-IO mounting and wiring
details, refer to the WEB-201 Controller Installation
Instructions, form no. 95-7722.
The Honeywell NPB-MDM Modem Card uses a 56kbps
auto-dial, auto-answer modem with one RJ-11 connector
for the phone line. The NPB-MDM Modem Card must be
installed in Option Slot 1 only, where it operates as
COM1. This disables the RS-232 base serial port (DB-9
connector) on the WEB-201 Controller. Only one
NPB-MDM Modem Card is supported in a WEB-201
Controller. Refer to Fig. 2 for location of option slots.
NOTES REGARDING DEVICE DESCRIPTION
These instructions include indications for use and
mounting of the device. In case of questions that cannot
be answered with these instructions, please consult the
product supplier or manufacturer. It is the responsibility of
the equipment installer to ensure that all federal, state and
local codes are followed.
• Keep these Installation Instructions for industrial safety
and the prevention of accidents.
• Only qualified personnel shall do mounting and
installation work with these devices, see section titled
• The information in these instructions must be read and
understood by every person using this device.
Qualified personnel in the sense of these instructions are
persons who are well versed in the use and installation of
such devices and whose professional qualifications meet
the requirements of their work.
This includes, for example:
• Qualifications to connect the device according to
applicable specifications and regulations, and
qualifications to put this device into operation, to power
it down, or to activate it by respecting the internal
• Knowledge of safety rules.
• Knowledge about application and use of the device
within the equipment system.
1. Unpack the NPB-MDM Modem Card.
2. Check the equipment and report any damage to a
3. Read all of these instructions and ensure they are
Included in this Package
Included in this package are the following items:
• One NPB-MDM Modem Card, along with connector
and end plate.
• INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS form no. 95-7730.
Materials and Tools Required
The following tools and supplies may be required for
— #2 Phillips screwdriver: used to install the NPB-
MDM Modem Card.