AM / FM
1. Plug the power cord into any 120V AC household outlet.
2. Slide the FUNCTION selector to ON.
3. Slide the AM/FM BAND switch to desired broadcast band.
4. Turn TUNING knob to select a station.
5. Adjust the VOLUME knob to your preferred listening level.
6. To turn the radio off, slide the FUNCTION selector to OFF.
The Built-In Automatic
Frequency Control (AFC) works only on FM. It helps to
reduce drift on FM reception and to keep the radio locked in on the FM
station to which it is tuned.
When tuning in FM stations, you may notice that often the station you desire
can be heard on two or three nearby points on the dial. Always tune carefully
to the loudest and clearest point.
- A built-in ferrite rod antenna eliminates the need for an
outside antenna for AM reception - Rotating the unit slightly may improve
reception of distant AM stations.
- The power cord acts as your FM antenna. The power cord
picks up moderate to strong stations and eliminates the need for an external
antenna in most strong signal areas. Be sure the power cord is stretched out
to its full length. Do not coil or bunch the cord together. Changing position of
the power cord may improve reception.
- Stretch out the wire type weather band antenna
next to the power cord to its full length for best weather broadcasts