Disconnect the audio system from the power source
before performing any maintenance.
Clean the exterior of the system using a soft dust
CAUTION! This system operates with a laser. It must
be opened by only a qualified technician.
To prevent deterioration of sound quality, periodical-
ly open the door of each deck and clean the magnetic
heads, pinch roller, and capstan with a cotton bud
dipped in alcohol. Also, demagnetize the head by
playing a demagnetizing cassette (available through
an audio equipment store).
To protect recordings one
or both sidesof a tape,
tab. If you later want to
record on the tape, affix a
piece of adhesive tape over the hole.
Quit Slacking - A little bit of slack
in your tapes can cause scratches
on the tape, or worse yet, the
tape could break. If you notice
some slack in the tape, use a
pencil to tighten it up before
you insert it.
• Never open the cabinet under any circumstances.
Any repairs or internal adjustments should be made
only by a trained technician.
• Never operate this product with the cabinet
•Do not use your System immediately after transport-
ing it from a cold place to a warm place, as condensa-
tion may causethe system to malfunction.
• Keep your unit away from humid areas and abnor-
mally hot places.
• Do not touch the player with wet hands. If any liq-
uid enters the player cabinet, take the player to a
trained technician for inspection.
• This compact disc player usesa laser to read the
music on the disc. The laser mechanism corresponds
to the cartridge and stylus of a record player.
Although this product incorporates a laser pick-up
lens, it is completely safe when operated according to
• Discsrotate at high speed inside the player. Do not
use damaged, warped, or cracked discs.
• Do not touch the pick-up lens which is located
inside the disccompartment. To keep dust from col-
lecting on the pick-up lens, do not leave the compart-
ment door open for an extended period of time. If
the lens becomes dirty, clean it with a soft brush, or
use an air blower brush designed for camera lenses.
• The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping and
• Remove the batteries to avoid leakage if you do not
use your remote control for more than one month.
• Discard leaky batteries immediately as leaking bat-
teries may cause skin burns or other personal injuries.
Dispose of batteries in the proper manner, according
to provincial and local regulations.
• Any battery may leak electrolyte under the follow-
- if mixed with a different battery type,
- if inserted incorrectly,
- if all batteries are not replaced at the same time,
- if disposed of in fire, or
- if an attempt is made to charge a battery not
intended to be recharged.