CONNECTING DRYER USING 3-WIRE
If required, by local code, install external
ground (not provided) to grounded metal,
cold water pipe, or other established
ground determined by a qualified
Green Ground Screw
& Ground Strap
cord kit marked for use with dryers and provided with closed loop or
spade terminals with upturned ends (not supplied).
Not for use in Canada.
DO NOT use for Mobile Home Installations.
NOT for use on new construction.
NOT for use on recreational vehicles.
NOT for use in areas where local codes prohibit grounding
through the neutral conduction.
dryer's circuit fuse at the electrical box.
2. Be sure the dryer cord is unplugged from the wall.
entry hole. Bring power cord through strain relief.
5. Connect power cord as follows:
A. Connect the 2 hot lines to the outer screws of
the terminal block (marked L1 and L2).
B. Connect the neutral (white) line to the center of
the terminal block (marked N).
6. Be sure ground strap is connected to neutral (center)
terminal of block and to green ground screw on cabinet
7. Properly secure power cord to strain relief.
COVER OFF OF THE TERMINAL BLOCK.
NEVER LEAVE THE
UNITED STATES, THE REQUIRED EXHAUST
DUCT DIAMETER IS 4 IN (102mm). DO NOT
USE DUCT LONGER THAN SPECIFIED IN THE
EXHAUST LENGTH TABLE.
• Increase the drying times and the energy cost.
The correct exhaust installation is YOUR
RESPONSIBILITY. Problems due to incorrect installation
are not covered by the warranty.
duct and replace with UL listed transition duct.
The MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE duct length and number of
bends of the exhaust system depends upon the type of
duct, number of turns, the type of exhaust hood (wall cap),
and all conditions noted below. The maximum duct length
for rigid metal duct is shown in the table below.
RECOMMENDED MAXIMUM LENGTH
Exhaust Hood Types
No. of 90º
• For every extra 90° elbow, reduce the allowable vent system
length by 10 ft.
• Two 45° elbows will be treated like one 90° elbow.
• For the side exhaust installations, add one 90° elbow to the
• The total vent system length includes all the straight portions
and elbows of the system (transition duct included).
EXHAUST SYSTEM CHECK LIST
HOOD OR WALL CAP
• Terminate in a manner to prevent back drafts or entry of
birds or other wildlife.
• Termination should present minimal resistance to the
to prevent clogging.
• Never install a screen in or over the exhaust duct. This could
cause lint build up.
• Wall caps must be installed at least 12 in. above ground
level or any other obstruction with the opening pointed
SEPARATION OF TURNS
For best performance, separate all turns by at least 4 ft.
of straight duct, including distance between last turn and
TURNS OTHER THAN 90º
• One turn of 45º or less may be ignored.
• Two 45º turns should be treated as one 90º turn.
• Each turn over 45º should be treated as one 90º turn.
IN CANADA AND IN THE
Use only for sho rt