Contents 1. Introduction --------------------- 3 Main features ---------------------------- 3 Printing conventions in this manual ---------- 3 Important things to learn ------------- 4 Front and rear panel --------------------------- 4 The modes of the AX1500G ------------------ 7 Effect channels of the AX1500G ------------- 7 2.
• Be careful not to let metal objects get into the equipment. If something does slip into the equipment, unplug AC adaptor from the wall outlet. Then contact your nearest Korg dealer or the store where the equipment was purchased.
• The LCD is backlit for easy visibility even in dark locations. What is (Resonant structure and Electronic circuit Modeling System) is KORG's proprietary sound modeling technology which precisely reproduces the complex character and nature of both acoustic and electric instruments as well as electronic circuits in real world environments.
1. Introduction Important things to learn Front and rear panel Front panel Effect select knobs These knobs select the effect model used in each effect block. Effect block select switches (DRIVE-AMP, CABINET, MODULATION, PEDAL, AMBIENCE) Press these switches to turn each effect block on/off or to edit it. The switch LED will be lit (on), dark (off), or blinking (edit).
LCD and control panel Name display This shows the program name, effect name, or parameter name, as appropri- ate for each operation. Edit icon This will light if the selected program has been edited. It will blink if the program is currently being edited.
1. Introduction Rear panel INPUT jack Connect your guitar to this jack. AUX IN jack (stereo mini 1/8th inch connector) Connect the output (AUX OUT: analog) of your audio device to this jack. OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R) Connect these jacks to your guitar amp or mixer etc. For mono connections, use the L/MONO jack.
The modes of the AX1500G The AX1500G has three modes: Play mode, Individual mode, and Phrase Trainer mode. Play mode is the mode in which you can select a program and play it. When the power is first turned on, you will always be in this mode. You can select from a total of 96 programs that use high-quality effect models: 48 preset programs, and 48 user programs that allow you to freely edit the settings to create your own sounds.
2. Playing the AX1500G Play mode 2. Playing the AX1500G When you turn on the power, the AX1500G will always enter Play mode, and will be set to the Example connections program and master level setting that were last selected when the power was turned off. The power must be off when you make connections.
Switching between effect channels 1. Tune your guitar so that the desired note name appears in the bank Each time you press the effect channel switch, effect number display. The decimal point channels A and B will alternate. When channel A is “.”...
2. Playing the AX1500G As an alternative to using value knobs 4 and 5, you can Individual mode use the cursor switches ( , ) to switch parameters, and use the MASTER/VALUE switches ( , ) to adjust In this mode you can press the program switches and the parameter values.
Phrase Trainer mode To re-do the recording Press program switch 1 ( ) to stop playback. Then You can record a phrase from an audio device (ie., CD continue with step “3. Begin recording” and step “4. or DAT) connected to the AUX IN jack or from a guitar Stop recording.”...
3. Editing 5. Rotate the knobs and the sound will change. The 3. Editing name display will indicate the name of the parameter assigned to that knob, and the MAS- In Play mode and Individual mode, you can edit each TER/VALUE display will indicate the value.
Setting the noise reduction and You can also use the MASTER/VALUE switches to change the character. program levels If you wish to save the modified program name, you must perform the “Program write” operation. If you turn off the 1. If you are in Play mode, press the NR-PRG LEVEL power or select a different program without writing the switch.
4. Appendices If you make a mistake during the calibration procedure, 4. Appendices the LCD will indicate “ERROR,” and you will return to the screen before the adjustment (the “MIN” display). If the “ERROR” display appears for repeated attempts, a Adjusting the expression pedal malfunction may have occurred.
Troubleshooting Main specifications • Number of effects: If you suspect a malfunction, please check the 56 types (maximum number of following points first. If this does not resolve the effects usable simultaneously: 8) problem, contact a nearby dealer. • Number of programs: 1.
4. Appendices Effect parameters DRIVE-AMP effects block These effect models consist of effects plus a three-band equalizer. Knob 1 Knob 2 Knob 3 Knob 4 Knob 5 DRIVE-AMP DRIVE LEVEL TREBLE MIDDLE BASS ACOUSTIC 1...10 0...10 0...10 0...10 0...10 CLASSIC COMP OFF...10 0...10 0...10...
CABINET effect block The shape of the cabinet and the type and number of speakers are very important elements in determining the tonal character of a guitar amp. The CABINET effect block provides models that faithfully simulate the cabinet and speaker characteristics of a variety of guitar amps, from vintage to modern.
4. Appendices MODULATION effect block Knob 1 Knob 2 Knob 3 Knob 4 Knob 5 MODULATION TIME FEEDBACK SPEED/PITCH DEPTH/FINE MIX/POLARITY CLASSIC CHORUS — — 0.1...10[Hz] 0...10 1, 2 STEREO CHORUS 1...10 — 0.1...10[Hz] 0...10 — CLASSIC FLANGER 1...10 0...10 0.1...10[Hz] 0...10 —...
Pitch shifter This effect modifies the pitch. PITCH SHIFTER “PITCH” This pitch shifter can be adjusted over a +/- 2 octave range. Knob 1 TIME Adjusts delay time. Knob 2 FEEDBACK Adjusts amount of feedback (delay repeats). Knob 3 PITCH Adjusts amount of pitch change.
If you use this effect in a program where the MODULA- TRAVELER “TRAVEL” TION effect block is on, the MODULATION effect block This is a low-pass filter type wah modeled after a vintage Korg will automatically be turned off. effect pedal. U-VIBE “U-VIBE”...
Pitch bend Sample and play This is a Pitch shifter that uses the pedal to control the pitch. If you use this effect in a program where the AMBIENCE If you use this effect in a program where the MODULA- effect block is on, the AMBIENCE effect block will TION effect block is on, the MODULATION effect block automatically be turned off.
4. Appendices AMBIENCE effect block These are reverberation-type effect models such as delay, reverb, and echo. Knob 1 Knob 2 Knob 3 Knob 4 Knob 5 AMBIENCE TIME FEEDBACK TONE ECHO MIX/REVERB ECHO PLUS 60[mS]...3[SEC] 0...10 1...10 — 0...10 MULTI HEAD ECHO 180[mS]...3[SEC] 0...10 1...10...
Preset Program List When an effect block that was off is turned on, the effect model printed in a slanted typeface will be selected. A cabinet model appropriate for each program is selected in the CABINET effect block. If you will be using a direct output connection to a mixer etc., you should turn on the CABINET effect block.
KORG products are manufactured under strict specifications and voltages required by each country. These products are warranted by the KORG distribu- tor only in each country. Any KORG product not sold with a warranty card or carrying a serial number disqualifies the product sold from the manufacturer’s/ distributor’s warranty and liability.