30" & 36" Gas Slide-In Cooktop
Power Cord Relocation Instructions
To install an Electrolux ICON
Downdraft Vent, cooktop power cord MUST be relocated to underside of unit.
Gas Slide-In Cooktops requiring this procedure are: E30GC74GPS, E36GC75DSS, E36GC75ESS,
E36GC75GSS, E36GC76EPS and E36GC76GPS.
Please have qualified electrician perform following rewiring procedure in accordance with local and
national electric codes.
Tools & Materials:
Phillips-Head Screwdriver, Hammer, Awl or Punch, Drill with 3/4" drill bit,
2 - Plastic Inserts (73209-2470), Silicone Caulk and Aluminum Tape.
1. Remove electrical access panel from rear
2. Disconnect power cord and ground wires,
then remove from cooktop.
3. Locate area for new hole to be drilled, 1/2"
in from back edge on underside of cooktop,
then mark hole location using an awl or punch.
4. Use 3/4" drill bit to drill new hole completely
5. Route power cord wires through hole.
Electrolux Major Appliances, N.A.
250 Bobby Jones Expressway
5855 Terry Fox Way
Mississauga, ON L5V 3E4
Gas Slide-In Cooktop in combination with an
6. Place plastic inserts in upper and lower
drilled holes to protect cord.
7. Knot power cord to secure into place.
8. Reconnect power cord and ground wires.
9. Fill remaining hole surrounding power cord
with silicone caulk.
10. Cover both sides of original hole with two
layers of aluminum tape.
11. Screw electrical access panel back in place.
Augusta, GA 30907
1-877 -4electrolux (1-877 -435-3287)
© 2008 Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
High standards of quality at Electrolux Home Products, Inc. mean we are
constantly working to improve our products. We reserve the right to change
specifications or discontinue models without notice.
Printed in the U.S.A.