INSTRUCTION SUPPLEMENT FOR
2004-Later Yamaha Rhino 660
Removing stock carburetor and cables
1. Remove engine cover and tunnel
(center of floor board).
2. Remove throttle cable from throttle
pedal and chassis. See fig 1.
3. Remove choke cable from dash.
See figure 2.
Figure 1. Throttle cable
Figure 2. Choke cable
4. Remove stock carburetor, cables
and all vent hoses attached to
carburetor. NOTE: Carburetor can
be removed without disconnecting
cables. Unplug black and yellow
wires from carb and tape ends with
electrical tape as they will not be
used with the Edelbrock carburetor.
5. Stuff a dry, clean rag into the
intake manifold to keep debris from
6. Remove oil line directly above oil
filter. See fig 3. Disconnect rubber
hose at bottom where it connects
to hard tube. See fig 4.
NOTE: Clean oil and dirt off of flange and
case before removing oil line.
7. Remove stock fuel line from fuel
pump. Save insulating material as
it will be reused on new fuel line.
Installing the Edelbrock Carburetor
1. Attach new fuel line to fuel pump
reusing stock clamp and insulating
2. Install new throttle cable into bracket
and throttle pedal. Do not route
throttle cable in stock position. Cable
will need to be routed to passenger
side of vehicle. See figure 5 for cable
NOTE: Apply a small amount of grease to
O-ring on pedal end of cable for easier
installation into throttle pedal.