INSTRUCTION SUPPLEMENT FOR
2001-LATER YAMAHA RAPTOR
Removing stock carburetor and cables
1. Make sure fuel petcock is in "off"
position. Remove seat, front
fenders and fuel tank.
2. Remove throttle cables paying
close attention to routing, as the
new cables will need too be routed
3. Remove stock carburetors.
4. Remove stock manifolds and air
boots coming from air box.
5. Stuff a dry, clean rag into the
intake manifold to keep debris from
6. Remove two (2) bolts holding air
box in place.
Installing the Edelbrock Induction kit
1. Install the provided throttle cables into
OEM throttle housing (If using thumb
throttle kit) or for twist throttle, install
throttle cables into supplied throttle
housing and onto handle bars.
2. Remove the hex pipe plug from the
carb cap using a 11mm or 7/16 wrench.
Do not discard plug, as it will be
needed later. Install the metering
adjustment tool included in the
hardware kit. Do not over-tighten as
damage may occur to cap.
3. Install provided fuel line onto fuel inlet
banjo and secure with pinch clamp.
4. Install rubber flange onto manifold
using supplied bolts and washers. See
5. Install gasket and manifold onto engine
using four (4) M6.1X1" flange head
screws supplies in kit. See Fig 2.
6. Remove stock air box clamps from air
boots and install onto rubber hoses
attached to plenum. See Fig 3.
7. Place plenum onto front of air box and
tighten clamps. Make sure rubber
hoses are pushed all the way onto air
8. Place Edelbrock carburetor into
manifold. Do not tighten clamp yet.
9. Stretch rubber hose onto front of carb.
Thumb Throttle Installation
1. Remove the cable bracket end from
cable bracket using #2 phillips.
2. For thumb cable installation, install
cable end into the 4:00 position of
the cable wheel and the
shouldered end into the bottom slot
of the cable bracket and secure by
replacing cable bracket and Phillips
screw. See Fig 4.