Setting Up the Monitor
3. Holding the base of the monitor, lift up the panel at its top without touching or putting pressure on the screen (1).
4. Remove the shipping strap (do not cut it) (2).
5. Put the shipping strap in a safe place, in case you need it to ship the monitor.
6. Lift and lower the base hinge for proper viewing.
Wall-mounting the monitor
Before you mount the monitor on a wall, a swing arm, or other mounting fixture, you must remove the monitor base
and the pedestal. Note that the mounting fixture is not supplied. You will need a Phillips screwdriver. Read the
following warning and caution statements before beginning the procedure.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of personal injury or of damage to the equipment, check that the wall-mounting
fixture is adequately installed and secured before attaching the monitor. Refer to the instructions supplied with the
wall-mounting fixture and check that it is capable of supporting the monitor.
WARNING: Do not place the double-hinged monitor face down for folding. The base hinge can spring up and
cause serious injury or damage.
1. Disconnect the power cable and any other cables from the monitor.
2. Carefully place the monitor face down on a flat, soft surface. This might entail elongating the hinge and tilting
the monitor back to ensure the monitor is flat.
3. With your fingertips, snap off the VESA cover from the back of the monitor.
4. Remove all four screws from the VESA plate.
5. Save the removed items (cover, screws, and base) for future use.