Installing batteries in your remote
Your remote requires two AAA alkaline batteries (sold separately).
To install the batteries:
1. Remove the battery compartment cover.
2. Insert the batteries, matching the (+) and (–) marks inside the battery
3. Push the battery cover back into place.
• Do not mix old and new batteries.
• Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc) or rechargeable (nickel-cadmium)
• Always remove old, weak or worn-out batteries promptly and recycle or dispose of
them in accordance with Local and National Regulations.
Connecting to a power source
Connect the supplied power adapter to the DC9V jack on the back of the switcher.
Plug the other end of the power adapter into a wall outlet or surge protector.
Important: This power unit is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor
Using the switcher
Once you've installed the switcher, you're ready to start using it.
• Make sure your TV and components are turned on.
• Make sure you're watching the correct input on the TV—for example, if you've
connected the switcher to the VID input on your TV, you need to "tune" to this
input in order to see the switcher on the TV screen.
To turn the switcher on: Press the POWER key on the remote control or on the
switcher's front panel. The switcher's display panel should light up.
To switch between inputs: Press the SELECT key on the remote control or on the
switcher's front panel. The switcher's display panel changes numbers and your TV
should show the corresponding signal.
To go to a specific input: Press one of the number keys on the remote. The switcher
display panel changes to that number and your TV screen should display the signal
from that input.