Graphics Card Installation Guide...
Product warranty or service will not be extended if: (1) the product is repaired, modified or altered, unless such repair, modification of alteration is authorized in writing by ASUS; or (2) the serial number of the product is defaced or missing.
Method 3: Plug and Play ........6 Method 4: Display Property Page ....... 7 2.2.2 Windows 2000/XP ..........9 Method 1: ASUS Quick Setup Program ....9 Method 2: Plug and Play ........10 2.2.3 Windows NT 4.0 ..........12 2.3 NVIDIA WHQL Driver ............
Notices Federal Communications Commission Statement This device complies with FCC Rules Part 15. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: • This device may not cause harmful interference, and • This device must accept any interference received including interference that may cause undesired operation. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Safety information Electrical safety • To prevent electrical shock hazard, disconnect the power cable from the electrical outlet before relocating the system. • When adding or removing devices to or from the system, ensure that the power cables for the devices are unplugged before the signal cables are connected.
1. ASUS Websites The ASUS websites worldwide provide updated information on ASUS hardware and software products. The ASUS websites are listed in the ASUS Contact Information on page vii. 2. Optional Documentation Your product package may include optional documentation, such as warranty flyers, that may have been added by your dealer.
Technical Support Support Fax: +1-502-933-8713 General Support: +1-502-995-0883 Notebook Support: +1-510-739-3777 x5110 Support Email: email@example.com ASUS COMPUTER GmbH (Germany and Austria) Address: Harkortstr. 25, 40880 Ratingen, BRD, Germany General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (for marketing requests only) General Fax: +49-2102-9599-31 Web Site: www.asuscom.de...
• The contents of the support CD are subject to change at any time without notice. Visit the ASUS website for updates. 1.1 Running the support CD To begin using the support CD, simply insert the CD into your CD-ROM drive.
If you are replacing an old graphics card with a new ASUS graphics card, make sure to change the Windows display driver setting to “Standard Display Adapter (VGA)”...
8. Select the Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want option, then click Next. 9. From the Update Device Driver Wizard dialog box, select Show all hardware. Select (Standard display types) from the Manufacturers list box and Standard Display Adapter...
The ASUS fine-tuned enhanced driver delivers the best 3D performance on your video output. Use any of the recommended methods in this section to install the ASUS enhanced driver after booting your computer. 2.2.1 Windows 98SE/ME Method 1: ASUS Quick Setup Program (when Autorun is enabled) 1.
Method 2: ASUS Quick Setup Program (when Autorun is disabled) 1. Insert the support CD into the CD-ROM drive. 2. Double-click the CD drive icon in My Computer or run the setup utility from the following path, \Setup.exe , then click OK.
Method 3: Plug and Play 1. When Windows detects your ASUS graphics card, the New Hardware Found dialog box appears. 2. Click Driver from disk provided by hardware manufacturer, then click OK. 3. When Setup prompts you for the location of the driver, type D:\WIN9xMe, assuming that your CD-ROM drive is D:, then click OK.
Method 4: Display Property Page 1. Right-click on the Windows desktop and click Properties. 2. From the Properties dialog box, select the Settings tab, then click Advanced to display the Standard Display Adapter (VGA) Properties dialog box. 3. Click Change on the Adapter tab to display the Update Device Driver Wizard dialog box.
ASUSNV9X.INF in the File name box. 8. From the Update Driver Warning box, click Yes to confirm the setting up of the ASUS enhanced display drivers. 9. Follow the succeeding screen instructions. 10. When Setup has finished installing all the necessary files to your computer, click Finish.
2.2.2 Windows 2000/XP Method 1: ASUS Quick Setup Program 1. When Windows detects your ASUS graphics card, the Found New Hardware Wizard dialog box appears. 2. Click Cancel to enter the Windows desktop. 3. Insert the support CD into your CD-ROM drive.
Method 2: Plug and Play 1. When Windows detects your ASUS graphics card, the Found New Hardware Wizard dialog box appears. Click Next. 2. From the Found New Hardware Wizard dialog box, select Search for a suitable driver for my device (recommended) then click Next.
6. When prompted to select the display driver to install in your system, select the one that is located in the D:\WIN2KXP\ASUS and click Next. 7. Follow the succeeding onscreen instructions. 8. When Setup has finished installing all the necessary files to your computer, it prompts you to restart your computer.
Browse to select the path of the display driver for Windows NT then click OK. 10. Select the appropriate ASUS VGA Card model then click OK. 11. When prompted, confirm installation of display drivers to copy all the necessary files.
5. When Setup has finished installing all the necessary files to your computer, it prompts you to restart your computer. Click OK. Some features of ASUS display card is not supported by the NVIDIA WHQL driver.
Microsoft Windows operating systems. The DirectX driver is automatically installed when you install the ASUS Enhanced driver from the support CD. However, it is recommended to re-install the DirectX driver when you download a driver update from the ASUS website.
2.5 AGP GART driver The AGP GART driver is used to support the AGP functionality of the chipset on your motherboard. • Installation dialog boxes are slightly different for each chipset. Follow the screen instructions to install the GART driver. •...
7. If you selected Yes, install its VGART driver on the previous screen, proceed to step 8. If you selected No, I want to select the other drivers, select a driver from the combo list box and click Install. The appropriate driver for the detected motherboard chipset appears as default.
2.6 WDM capture driver The Windows Drive Model (WDM) capture driver allows you to capture video from the video input port. 1. Insert the support CD into your CD-ROM drive. 2. If autorun is enabled, the 2D/3D Graphics & Video Accelerator appears automatically.
2.7 Update display driver Follow these steps to update your current VGA driver with a new driver file from the ASUS website. 1. Boot your computer. 2. Click the Start button. Select Settings, then Control Panel. 3. Double-click the System icon in the Control Panel. Select the Device Manager tab.
9. From the Update Device Driver Wizard dialog box, click Have Disk..., then click Next. 10. When setup prompts you for the location of the driver, type the path of the driver file. For example: A:\Drivers\SiS630M.inf Click Browse to locate the saved driver file in your hard disk, network, floppy or CD-ROM drive.
Programs icon in the Control Panel. 3. Select the Install/Uninstall tab to display a list of installed programs. 4. Highlight ASUS Display Drivers from the list, then click on the Add/Remove button. 5. Follow the succeeding screen instructions. 6. The application prompts you to restart your computer to complete the process.
2. From the Control Panel, double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon to display the Add/Remove Programs screen. 3. Highlight ASUS Display Drivers from the list, then click on the Change/Remove button. 4. Follow the succeeding screen instructions. 5. The application prompts you to restart your computer to complete the...
1. Click on the Start button. Select Settings, then Control Panel. 2. Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon in the Control Panel then select the Install/Uninstall tab. 3. Highlight ASUS Display Drivers from the list, then click on the Add/ Remove button. 4. Follow the succeeding screen instructions.
6. Click Finish, when setup is complete. The Smart Doctor utility works only for graphics card models with a built-in hardware monitor IC. If the hardware monitor IC is not present, the ASUS Tweak utility will be automatically installed.
Install VideoSecurity VideoSecurity is a powerful security utility that detects any change in a specified surveillance region. Using video capture devices, video snapshots are captured automatically when there is a deviation in the user-defined surveillance region. An optional warning message is also sent via email or phone to the user.
3.3 Install ASUS Digital VCR ASUS Digital VCR is a comprehensive video utility that allows you to watch and record TV programs on your PC. This utility also supports time- shift recording that allows you to record, watch and replay your favorite TV programs at the same time.
3.4 Install ASUS GameFace The revolutionary ASUS GameFace is a real-time audio/video communication feature that enhances your interactive gaming experience. This utility enables point-to-point video conferencing functions and online gaming to take place at the same time. With this feature, you can see and talk to your opponents while playing full-screen online games! 1.