SERVICE DATA SHEET
NOTICE - This service data sheet is intended for
use by persons having electrical and mechanical
training and a level of knowledge of these subjects
generally considered acceptable in the appliance
The manufacturer cannot be
responsible, nor assume any liability for injury or
damage of any kind arising from the use of this
SAFE SERVICING PRACTICES
To avoid the possibility of personal injury and/or
property damage, it is important that safe servicing
practices be observed. The following are examples,
but without limitation, of such practices.
1. Before servicing or moving an appliance remove
power cord from electrical outlet, trip circuit
breaker to OFF, or remove fuse.
2. Never interfere with the proper installation of any
3. GROUNDING: The standard color coding for
safety ground wires is GREEN or GREEN WITH
DO NOT REMOVE THIS BAG
OR DESTROY THE CONTENTS
WIRING DIAGRAMS AND SERVICE INFORMATION ENCLOSED
REPLACE CONTENTS IN BAG
p/n 316904010 (0905)
- Gas Range with ES 630B Electronic Oven Control
YELLOW STRIPES. Ground leads are not to be used as
current carrying conductors. It is extremely important
that the service technician reestablish all safety
grounds prior to completion of service. Failure to do
so will create a potential safety hazard.
4. Prior to returning the product to service, ensure that:
• All electric connections are correct and secure.
• All electrical leads are properly dressed and secured
away from sharp edges, high-temperature components,
and moving parts.
• All uninsulated electrical terminals, connectors, heaters,
etc. are adequately spaced away from all metal parts and
• All safety grounds (both internal and external) are
correctly and securely reassembled.
Oven Calibration/ Temperature adjustment - See Use &
Care Guide. Note: Changing calibration affects normal Bake
mode. The adjustments made will not change the Self-
Cleaning cycle temperature.
32 ± 1.9
1000 ± 4.0
75 ± 2.5
1091 ± 5.3
250 ± 4.4
1453 ± 8.9
350 ± 5.4
1654 ± 10.8
450 ± 6.9
1852 ± 13.5
550 ± 8.2
2047 ± 15.8
650 ± 9.6
2237 ± 18.5
900 ± 13.6
2697 ± 24.4
ELECTRONIC OVEN CONTROL (EOC) FAULT CODE DESCRIPTIONS
Suggested Corrective Action
1. Check RTD Sensor Probe using the RTD scale found in the tech sheet.
Oven heats when no cook
Replace if defective.
cycle is programmed.
2. If oven is overheating dsiconnect power from the range and unplug connector P1 from
power supply board. Reapply power to the range. If oven continues to heat when the power
is reapplied, replace the oven relay board.
3. Replace the EOC.
NOTE: Severe overheating may require the entire oven to be replaced should damage be
1. Reset power supply to range to see if failure code will clear.
2 Test ribbon harness and connectors between the TST panel and EOC. Replace if
3. Replace the TST panel.
4. Replace the EOC.
Internal software error in
Disconnect power, wait 30 seconds and reapply power. If fault returns upon power-up,
TST Display tail missing
1.Test ribbon harness and connections between TST panel and EOC. Replace if defective
or not connected.
2. Replace the TST panel.
3. Replace the EOC.
Signal loss between oven
1. Test the harness and connections from EOC connector P16 to oven relay board J2.
relay board & EOC.
2. Replace the oven relay board.
3. Replace the EOC.
1. Test wiring harness and connections between EOC connector P2 and ESEC 30 UIB P9.
between EOC & ESEC.
2. Test wiring harness and connections between ESEC 30 UIB and ESEC 20 relay board.
(Electric models only)
3. Test wiring harness and connections between PS board 2 (P2) and ESEC 30 UIB
4. Test for approximately 9 volts DC output from PS board 2 at ESEC 30 UIB connector
P7, pins 1 & 5. If output voltage is incorrect test incoming power supply to PS board 2 at
harness connector P1 pins 1 & 4. If incoming power is correct (120 VAC) replace PS
board 2. If output voltage is correct replace ESEC 30 UIB
5. Replace EOC.
1. Check harness and connections between VSC board and EOC.
between VSC board and
2. Test for approximately 5 volts DC to VSC board at P6 connector pins 1 & 6. If voltage is
correct replace VSC board. If voltage is incorrect replace EOC.
Open probe connection.
1. (F30 or F31) Check resistance at room temperature & compare to RTD Sensor
resistance chart. If resistance does not match the RTD chart replace RTD Sensor Probe.
Check Sensor wiring harness between EOC & Sensor Probe connector.
2. (F30 or F31) Check resistance at room temperature, if less than 500 ohms, replace
RTD Sensor Probe. Check for shorted Sensor Probe harness between EOC & Probe
Door lock motor latch
If latch motor does not run when clean cycle is selected:
1. Check to see if latch motor coil is open. If open, replace latch motor assembly.
2. Test for 120 volts to the terminals of the latch motor. If voltage is correct and motor
does not run replace
latch motor assembly. If voltage is not correct replace EOC.
If latch motor runs when clean cycle is selected:
1. Check the wiring harness between EOC & latch motor switch. Repair or replace
harness as needed.
2. Test operation of the switch contacts. Replace latch motor assembly if defective.
3. Check for binding of the latch cam, latch motor rod & latch motor cam.
4. If all situations above do not solve problem, replace EOC.