LG PACKAGED TERMINAL AIR CONDITIONER/HEAT PUMP OWNER'S MANUAL Please read the operating instructions and safety precautions carefully and thoroughly before installing and operating your air conditioner. IMPORTANT Please read through this manual. It contains valuable information about your air conditioner. This manual...
Safety Precautions......3 Write the model and serial numbers here: Before Operation ......7 Model # Serial # You can find them on a label on the side of each unit. Introduction ........8 Dealer's Name Date Purchased Electrical Safety ......9 I Staple your receipt to this page in the event you need it to prove date of purchase or for warranty issues.
Safety Precautions Safety Precautions To prevent injury to the user or other people and property damage, the following instructions must be followed. I Incorrect operation due to ignoring instruction will cause harm or damage. The seriousness is classified by the following indications.
• There is danger of fire or electric • An overloaded circuit is a fire • It may cause a fire or electrical shock.
• It will cause electric shock or fire • It will cause electric shock or fire. • It will cause electric shock. due to heat generation. Hold the plug by the end...
If the liquid from the batteries gets onto your skin or If you eat the liquid from the batteries, brush your teeth clothes, wash it well with clean water. Do not use the and see doctor.
Cleaning and Maintenance 1. Do not touch the metal parts of the unit when removing the filter. Injuries can occur when handling sharp metal edges. 2. Do not use water to clean inside the air conditioner. Exposure to water can destroy the insulation, leading to possible electric shock.
This appliance should be installed in accordance with the National Electric Code. Expanded Metal Grille Should be applied for better performance in PTAC and PTHP Units. For Installation purpose and better appearance Aluminium or Architectural grille can be applied in PTAC and PTHP Units.
NOTICE The shape may be different according to its model. Use Wall Receptacle Power Supply Never push the test button during Use 15 AMP. time operation delay fuse or 15 AMP.
(grounding) outlet instead. CONNECTION may be made. Use UL-listed adapter, available from most local hardware stores. The large slot in the adapter must be aligned with the large slot in the receptacle to assure a proper polarity connection. USE OF EXTENSION CORDS Because of potential safety hazards, we strongly discourage the use of an extension cord.
How to Install the Unit Dimension of air conditioner • There are sharp edges that can cause serious cuts. • If the unit is to be installed close to the seaside, it needs additional treatment on the heat exchanger. 1,066 mm (42")
• UNIT INSTALLATION 1. Remove the shipping screw from the ventilation door. 2. Remove the front gille by pulling it out at the bottom to release it, then lift it up along the unit top front. 3. Slide the unit into the wall sleeve and secure with 6 screws through the unit flange holes.
CLOSE OPEN When the air conditioner has been running and is turned off or set to the fan position, wait at least 3 minutes before resetting to the cooling operation. Note: A slight heat odor may come from the unit when first switching to HEAT after the cooling season is over.
• If unit is running, use Timer to set number of hours until shut-off. • For your sleeping comfort, once Time is set, the Temperature setting will raise 2° F(1°C) after 30 minutes, and once again after another 30 minutes.
Control Locations Self-Diagnosis FUNCTION: If the unit has a malfunction, a green OPERATION LED located on the Display PCB used by the unit to indicate the errors. USE: If the customer has to register a complaint to the service center, he can be very clear about registering the complaint that what is happening &...
• ADDITIONAL CONTROLS The additional controls are located behind the option cover of control box. The standard settings will be in the OFF position. The authorized servicer has to check switches and ensure the switches are in the desired position.
• ADDITIONAL CONTROLS The additional controls are located behind the option cover of control box. The standard settings will be in the OFF position. The authorized service man has to check switches and ensure the switches are in the desired position.
• FRONT DESK CONTROL When the pair wire is connected to the connector FD2 and FD1, the unit can be turned ON or OFF with a switch located at the Front Desk Control panel. When the front desk switch is ON, the fan operates according to the setting without working compressor and heater.
• FRONT DESK CONTROL When the pair wire is connected to the connector LOand LI, the unit can be turned ON or OFF with a switch located at the Front Desk Control panel. When the front desk switch is ON, the fan operate according to the condition of setting without working compressor and heater.
Control Locations Disassembly Instructions - Before the following disassembly, POWER SWITCH is set to OFF and disconnected the power cord. 1. Remove the front grille. 2. To remove the front grille, pull out the bottom of the front grille and then lift up.
TURN THE AIR CONDITIONER OFF AND REMOVE THE PLUG FROM THE POWER OUTLET. Air Filter Cleaning The air filter should be checked at least twice a month to see if cleaning is necessary. Trapped particles in the filter will build up and block the airflow. This reduces the cooling capacity and also causes an accumulation of frost on the cooling coils.
PTAC fins and coils. A hose is okay to use to clean the coils, but make sure to cover the control with a blanket or plastic bag to keep it dry.
Normal Operation • You may hear a pinging noise caused by water being picked up and thrown by the slinger fan against the condenser on rainy days or when the humidity is high. This design feature helps remove moisture and improve efficiency.
Replace the switch if circuit is open. Compressor will I Thermostat • Check the position of knob If not at the coldest not run, but fan setting, advance the knob to this setting and restart motor runs. unit.
(do not damage fins) or brush. Clean the interior base before reassembling. I Condenser fins • If condenser fins are closed over a large area on the coil surface, head pressures will increase, causing the (damaged) compressor to cycle. Straighten the fins or replace the coil.
5. Aux produits modifiés ou dont le numéro de série a été enlevé. Si le produit est installé à l’extérieur de la zone de service normale, tous frais de déplacement nécessaire pour la réparation du produit, ou le remplacement d’une pièce défectueuse seront imputés au propriétaire.
Replacement parts are warranted for the unexpired portion of the original warranty period. This warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the product and effective only when used in the United States. WARRANTY PERIOD:...