Natural Sound 3-way, 4-speaker Bass Reflex Speaker System
Read these precautions carefully before using your speaker.
● Any time you note distortion, reduce the volume control on
your amplifier to a lower setting. Never allow your amplifier to
be driven into "clipping". Otherwise the speaker may be
● When using an amplifier with a rated output power higher than
the nominal input power of the speaker, care should be taken
never to exceed the speaker's maximum input.
● Do not attempt to clean the speaker with chemical solvents as
this might damage the finish. To clean, wipe with a dry, soft
BEFORE MAKING CONNECTIONS, MAKE SURE THAT THE
AMPLIFIER IS SWITCHED OFF.
● Connect the push-type input terminals at the rear of the
speakers to the speaker output terminals of your amplifier with
the provided speaker cables.
● One side of the speaker cable is red and the other side is
black. Connect the (+) terminals on both the amplifier and the
speakers using this red side. Connect the (–) terminals on both
components using the black side of the cable.
● Connect one speaker to the left (marked L) terminals of your
amplifier, and another speaker to the right (marked R)
terminals, making sure not to reverse the polarity (+, –). If one
speaker is connected with reversed polarity, the sound will be
unnatural and lack bass.
Press the tab on the terminal down, as shown in the figure.
Insert the bare speaker wire end properly into the terminal
hole. [Remove approx. 5 mm (1/4") insulation from the
Remove your finger from the tab to allow it to lock snugly on
the cable's wire end.
Test the security of the connection by tugging lightly on the
cable at the terminal.
Thank you for selecting this Yamaha NS-50 speaker system.
CONNECTION TO YOUR AMPLIFIER
● To prevent the enclosure from warping or discoloring, do not
place the speaker where it will be exposed to direct sunlight or
● Do not place the speaker where it is liable to be knocked over
or struck by falling objects. Stable placement will also ensure
better sound performance.
● Placing the speaker on the same shelf or rack as the turntable
can result in feedback.
● Secure placement or installation is the owner's
YAMAHA shall not be liable for any accident caused by
improper placement or installation of the speaker.
Do not let the bare speaker wires touch each other as this
could damage the speaker and/or the amplifier.
terminals of the