Natural Sound 2-way Acoustic-suspension Speaker System
Read these precautions carefully before using your speaker.
● Any time you note distortion, reduce the volume control on
your amplifier to a lower setting. Never allow your amplifier to
be driven into "clipping". Otherwise the speaker may be
● When using an amplifier with a rated output power higher than
the nominal input power of the speaker, care should be taken
never to exceed the speaker's maximum input.
● Do not attempt to clean the speaker with chemical solvents as
this might damage the finish. To clean, wipe with a dry, soft
● To prevent the enclosure from warping or discoloring, do not
place the speaker where it will be exposed to direct sunlight or
● Do not place the speaker where it is liable to be knocked over
or struck by falling objects. Stable placement will also ensure
better sound performance.
● Placing the speaker on the same shelf or rack as the turntable
can result in feedback.
● This speaker system is designed for home use only. Never use
this speaker system inside a car.
● Secure placement or installation is the owner's
YAMAHA shall not be liable for any accident caused by
improper placement or installation of the speaker.
PLACING THE SPEAKERS
TO STAND THE SPEAKERS
● Place the speakers on a sturdy, vibration-free surface. If you
cannot obtain good bass quality when the speakers are placed
directly on the floor, insert a block etc. between the speakers
and the floor.
● Better stereo images will be obtained when the speakers are
slightly angled in towards the listeners.
Because this speaker is not a magnetic shielding type,
there may be some influence on a TV picture depending on
the type of TV or the placement of the speaker. In such a
case, place the speaker apart from the TV so that there is no
influence on TV picture.
Thank you for selecting this Yamaha NS-10MM speaker system.
TO MOUNT THE SPEAKERS ON A WALL
Attach the provided mounting bracket to the rear of the
speaker by using the provided screws.
Remove the provided pads from the paper, and put the pads
at both ends on the lower side of the speaker.
Fasten screws into a firm wall or wall support as shown in
the diagram, and hang the holes of the mounting bracket on
the protruding screws.
Make sure that the screws are caught by a narrow part of
the holes securely.
* Each speaker weighs 1.5 kg (3 lbs. 5 oz.). Do not mount
them on thin plywood or soft wall surface material, as the
screws may come out of the flimsy surface, causing the
speakers to fall down and be damaged, or result in
* Do not fasten the speakers to wall with nails, adhesives,
or other unsound hardware. Long-term use and vibrations
may cause them to fall down.
* To avoid accidents resulting from tripping over loose
speaker cables, fix them to the wall.
Diam. 4 – 5 mm
(Available at a