IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1. SAVE THESE
operating instructions for battery charger Part Number 999555-007.
2. Before using battery charger, read atl instructions and cautionary markings
manual, on battery charger, and product using battery charger.
reduce risk of injury, charge only nickel-cadmium
batteries. Other types of batteries may burst causing personal injury and damage,
4o Do not e_,pose charger to rain or snow.
5. Use of an attachment not recommended or sold by the battery charger manufacturer
may result in a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
6. To reduce risk of damage to charger body and cord, pul! by charger body rather than
cord when disconnecting
7. Make sure cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or otherwise
subjected to damage or stress_
8 An extension cord should not be used unless absolutely necessary. Use of improper
extension cord could result in a risk of fire and electric shock_ tf extension cord
must be used, make sure:
a. That pins on plug of extension cord are the same number, size and shape as
those of plug on charger.
b. That extension cord is properly wired and in good electrical condition; and
c. That wire size is large enough for AC ampere rating of charger as specified
i,,_ AWG Size 0fC0rd/Length0!i.O0rd,,
ii i...." i
9. DO NOT OPERATE CHARGER WITH A DAMAGED CORD OR PLUG. If damaged,
have replaced immediately
by a qualified serviceman..
10. Do not operate charger if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or otherwise
damaged in any way; take it to a qualified serviceman
11 Do not disassemble
charger; take it to a qualified serviceman when service or repair
is required. Incorrect
reassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or fire_
12. To reduce risk of electric shock, unplug charger from outlet before attempting any
maintenance or cleaning. Turning off controls will not reduce this risk_
13. Do not use charger outdoors.
charger from power supply when not in use.
of any Power Tool can result in iorelgt_ objects
being thrown into I
youreyes,whichcanresultin severeeyedamage.Beforecommencing powertoot!
face shieldwhenneeded,We recommend Wide Vision SafetyMaskfor useoverJ
spectacles or standard safetyglasses with sideshields,availableat SearsCatalog|