MAINTAINING OIL LEVEL
Important: When adding or replacing oil,
ALWAYS use a good grade Hydraulic Jack oil.
DO NOT use Hydraulic Brake Fluid, Alcohol,
Glycerine, Detergent, Motor Oil or dirty oil.
Use of an improper ﬂuid can cause serious
internal damage to your jack. We recommend
Mobil DTE13M or equivalent.
• Position the jack on level ground and fully
lower the saddle. (Ram will be all the way
in). Remove oil ﬁller plug from the reservoir
(see Fig. 4 & 5).
• Oil should be ﬁlled to the level of about
3/16" above the inner cylinder as seen
from the oil ﬁller hole. If low, add oil as
• Re-install oil ﬁller plug. The jack is now
ready to use.
• Add lubricating oil to all moving parts as
• Check ram and pump plunger (Fig. 5)
every few months for any signs of rust or
corrosion. Clean as needed by wiping with
an oily cloth.
• When not in use, ALWAYS store jack with
saddle lowered all the way down.
To ensure that it is in optimum condition,
annual inspection of the jack at a Sears
Service Center is recommended.
• To drain oil, remove oil ﬁller screw and open
release valve. Turn jack over and drain old
oil out through the oil ﬁller hole.
Note: Dispose of hydraulic oil in accordance
with local regulations.
• Reﬁll with new oil through the oil ﬁller hole.
DO NOT allow dirt or foreign material to
enter the hydraulic system when ﬁlling.
• After reﬁlling, remove any air from the
hydraulic system by opening the release
valve and rapidly pumping the jack handle
• Re-install oil ﬁller screw and the jack is
ready to use.