AOS PREFERRED-BPD 400 DIRECT VENT
COMMERCIAL GAS WATER HEATER
• INSTALLATION • OPERATION • SERVICE • MAINTENANCE • LIMITED WARRANTY
WARNING: If the information in these
instructions is not followed exactly, a fire
or explosion may result causing property
damage, personal injury or death.
– Do not store or use gasoline or other
flammable vapors and liquids in the
vicinity of this or any other appliance.
– WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS:
• Do not try to light any appliance.
• Do not touch any electrical switch;
do not use any phone in your
• Immediately call your gas supplier
from a neighbor's phone. Follow the
gas supplier's instructions.
• If you cannot reach your gas supplier,
call the fire department.
– Installation and service must be
performed by a qualified installer,
service agency or the gas supplier.
Thank you for buying this energy efficient water heater from
A.O. Smith Water Products Company. We appreciate your
confidence in our products.
TEXT PRINTED OR OUTLINED IN RED CONTAINS
INFORMATION RELATIVE TO YOUR SAFETY. PLEASE
READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE INSTALLING AND USING
PLACE THESE INSTRUCTIONS ADJACENT TO HEATER AND
NOTIFY OWNER TO KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
PRINTED IN U.S.A. 0206
GAS-FIRED INDUCED DRAFT
FOR DOMESTIC HOT WATER
A DIVISION OF A.O. SMITH CORPORATION
Mc BEE, SOUTH CAROLINA
Part Number 197279-000