This product conforms to CEMA cord colors.
Le code de couleur des câbles utilisé pour ce produit est con-
forme à CEMA.
Printed in Thailand
Imprimé en Thaïlande
Connecting the Units
• This unit is for vehicles with a 12-volt battery and
• When this product's source is switched ON, a con-
negative grounding. Before installing it in a recre-
trol signal is output through the blue/white lead.
ational vehicle, truck, or bus, check the battery
Connect to an external power amp's system remote
control or the car's Auto-antenna relay control ter-
• To avoid shorts in the electrical system, be sure to
minal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC). If the car features
disconnect the ≠ battery cable before beginning
a glass antenna, connect to the antenna booster
power supply terminal.
• Refer to the owner's manual for details on con-
• When an external power amp is being used with
necting the power amp and other units, then make
this system, be sure not to connect the blue/white
lead to the amp's power terminal. Likewise, do not
• Secure the wiring with cable clamps or adhesive
connect the blue/white lead to the power terminal
tape. To protect the wiring, wrap adhesive tape
of the auto-antenna. Such connection could cause
around them where they lie against metal parts.
excessive current drain and malfunction.
• Route and secure all wiring so it cannot touch any
• To avoid short-circuiting, cover the disconnected
moving parts, such as the gear shift, handbrake
lead with insulating tape. Especially, insulate the
and seat rails. Do not route wiring in places that
unused speaker leads without fail. There is a possi-
get hot, such as near the heater outlet. If the insula-
bility of short-circuiting if the leads are not insulat-
tion of the wiring melts or gets torn, there is a dan-
ger of the wiring short-circuiting to the vehicle
• To prevent incorrect connection, the input side of
the IP-BUS connector is blue, and the output side
• Don't pass the yellow lead through a hole into the
is black. Connect the connectors of the same colors
engine compartment to connect to the battery. This
will damage the lead insulation and cause a very
• If this unit is installed in a vehicle that does not
have an ACC (accessory) position on the ignition
• Do not shorten any leads. If you do, the protection
switch, the red lead of the unit should be connected
circuit may fail to work when it should.
to a terminal coupled with ignition switch ON/OFF
• Never feed power to other equipment by cutting
operations. If this is not done, the vehicle battery
the insulation of the power supply lead of the unit
may be drained when you are away from the vehi-
and tapping into the lead. The current capacity of
cle for several hours. (Fig. 1)
the lead will be exceeded, causing overheating.
• When replacing fuse, be sure to use only fuse of
the rating prescribed on the fuse holder.
• Since a unique BPTL circuit is employed, never
wire so the speaker leads are directly grounded or
the left and right ≠ speaker leads are common.
• If the RCA pin jack on the unit will not be used, do
not remove the caps attached to the end of the con-
No ACC position
• Speakers connected to this unit must be high-
power types with minimum rating of 50 W and
impedance of 4 to 8 ohms. Connecting speakers
with output and/or impedance values other than
• The black lead is ground. Please ground this lead
those noted here may result in the speakers catch-
separately from the ground of high-current prod-
ing fire, emitting smoke, or becoming damaged.
ucts such as power amps.
If you ground the products together and the ground
becomes detached, there is a risk of damage to the
products or fire.
• Cords for this product and those for other products
may be different colors even if they have the same
function. When connecting this product to another
product, refer to the supplied manuals of both
products and connect cords that have the same
Connection diagram for standard mode
15 cm (5-7/8 in.)
If you use a cellular telephone, connect
it via the Audio Mute lead on the
cellular telephone. If not, keep the
Audio Mute lead free of any
To terminal always supplied with
power regardless of ignition switch
To electric terminal controlled by
ignition switch (12 V DC) ON/OFF.
To lighting switch terminal.
With a 2 speaker system, do not
To vehicle (metal) body.
connect anything to the speaker leads
that are not connected to speakers.
This terminal may or may
not be included.
Perform these connections when using
the optional amplifier.
Connecting cords with RCA pin
23 cm (9 in.)
plugs (sold separately)
Switch the DSP switch
as illustration below.
15 cm (5-7/8 in.)
Jack for the Wired Remote Control
Refer to Wired Remote Control's manual
System remote control
To system control terminal of the power amp or
Auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300
mA 12 V DC).