This product conforms to CEMA cord colors.
Le code de couleur des câbles utilisé pour ce produit est
conforme à CEMA.
Printed in Thailand
Imprimé en Thaïlande
Connecting the Units
• This unit is for vehicles with a 12-volt battery and
• When an external power amp is being used with
negative grounding. Before installing it in a recre-
this system, be sure not to connect the blue/white
ational vehicle, truck, or bus, check the battery
lead to the amp's power terminal. Likewise, do not
connect the blue/white lead to the power terminal
• To avoid shorts in the electrical system, be sure to
of the auto-antenna. Such connection could cause
disconnect the ≠ battery cable before beginning
excessive current drain and malfunction.
• To avoid short-circuiting, cover the disconnected
• Refer to the owner's manual for details on
lead with insulating tape. Especially, insulate the
connecting the power amp and other units, then
unused speaker leads without fail. There is a possi-
make connections correctly.
bility of short-circuiting if the leads are not insulat-
• Secure the wiring with cable clamps or adhesive
tape. To protect the wiring, wrap adhesive tape
• To prevent incorrect connection, the input side of
the IP-BUS connector is blue, and the output side
around them where they lie against metal parts.
is black. Connect the connectors of the same
• Route and secure all wiring so it cannot touch any
moving parts, such as the gear shift, handbrake and
• If this unit is installed in a vehicle that does not
seat rails. Do not route wiring in places that get
have an ACC (accessory) position on the ignition
hot, such as near the heater outlet. If the insulation
switch, the red lead of the unit should be connected
of the wiring melts or gets torn, there is a danger of
the wiring short-circuiting to the vehicle body.
to a terminal coupled with ignition switch ON/OFF
operations. If this is not done, the vehicle battery
• Don't pass the yellow lead through a hole into the
may be drained when you are away from the vehi-
engine compartment to connect to the battery. This
cle for several hours. (Fig.1)
will damage the lead insulation and cause a very
• Do not shorten any leads. If you do, the protection
circuit may fail to work when it should.
• Never feed power to other equipment by cutting
the insulation of the power supply lead of the unit
and tapping into the lead. The current capacity of
the lead will be exceeded, causing overheating.
• When replacing fuse, be sure to use only fuse of
the rating prescribed on this unit.
No ACC position
• Since a unique BPTL circuit is employed, never
wire so the speaker leads are directly grounded or
the left and right ≠ speaker leads are common.
• Speakers connected to this unit must be high-
power types with minimum rating of 50 W and
• The black lead is ground. Please ground this lead
impedance of 4 to 8 ohms. Connecting speakers
separately from the ground of high-current prod-
with output and/or impedance values other than
ucts such as power amps.
those noted here may result in the speakers
If you ground the products together and the ground
catching fire, emitting smoke or becoming dam-
becomes detached, there is a risk of damage to the
products or fire.
• When this product's source is switched ON, a con-
• Cords for this product and those for other products
trol signal is output through the blue/white lead.
may be different colors even if they have the same
Connect to an external power amp's system remote
function. When connecting this product to another
control or the car's Auto-antenna relay control ter-
product, refer to the supplied Installation manuals
minal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC). If the car features
of both products and connect cords that have the
a glass antenna, connect to the antenna booster
power supply terminal.