Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
- Please read this guide before using the device to ensure safe and proper use.
- Images may differ in appearance from the actual product. Content is subject to change without prior notice. You can access the full user manual for more information. Visit www.samsung.com to view device information, the user manual, and more.
- This product includes certain free/open source software. To see the instructions for viewing the open source license, go to the Samsung website (opensource.samsung.com).
- Before using the Wi-Fi hub, make sure it is compatible with your device.
- Your consumer rights are governed by the law of the country in which you purchased the product. Please contact your service provider for more information.
||AC/DC adapter connector
||WAN port (IN)
||LAN port (OUT)
Power on, Working
Booting/resetting the system
Flashes green and red
Waiting for devices to connect
About SmartThings Wifi
The SmartThings Wifi is a Wi-Fi router that can connect your smartphone to your smart home appliances via Wi-Fi. You can also connect Internet of Things (IoT) devices to this Wi-Fi hub via the Samsung SmartThings Hub feature.
For larger homes, you can connect more Wi-Fi hubs.
Connecting the Wi-Fi hub with the SmartThings app
To connect the Wi-Fi hub with a mobile device, you must install the SmartThings app on the mobile device. You can download the app from Galaxy Apps, Play Store, or App Store.
- You must register and sign in to your Samsung account to use the SmartThings app.
- Supported features may vary depending on your mobile device and its operating system.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable () to the Wi-Fi hub's WAN port (IN) () and the other end to the modem's LAN port.
- Connect the AC/DC adapter () to the Wi-Fi hub. The Wi-Fi hub will turn on and the indicator light () will flash green.
Use only Samsung-approved AC/DC adapters (12 V/2.1 A or higher).
- You can use the Wi-Fi hub only when you connect the Wi-Fi hub to an AC/DC adapter ().
- If the Wi-Fi hub overheats for a prolonged period, the Wi-Fi hub may automatically turn off or reset. When this happens continually, disconnect the AC/DC adapter ( ) from the Wi-Fi hub and contact a Samsung Service Centre.
- The AC/DC adapter ( ) should remain close to the electric socket and easily accessible while using it.
- Launch the SmartThings app on the mobile device.
The Wi-Fi hub will be detected automatically. Tap ADD NOW and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. If the Wi-Fi hub is not detected, tap Add device on the dashboard. Then, tap under ADD DEVICE MANUALLY → Wi-Fi/Hub → SmartThings Wifi, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. During setup, get within 15 ft of the hub.
To connect the Internet of Things (IoT) devices via the SmartThings Wifi, select the Wi-Fi hub under devices and make sure the SmartThings Hub is switched on.
Adding additional Wi-Fi hubs
One Wi-Fi hub can cover a 140 m2 connection range (based on timber buildings) but can differ depending on the usage environment.
Install an additional Wi-Fi hub to connect to a larger area beyond the connection range with a Wi-Fi network.
- Connect the AC/DC adapter () to the additional Wi-Fi hub.
- On the mobile device, launch the SmartThings app and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. During setup, get within 15 ft of the hub.
You can connect up to 31 additional Wi-Fi hubs.
Adding devices via the Samsung SmartThings Hub feature
Add the Internet of Things (IoT) devices that support Z-Wave, Zigbee, LAN, or Cloud-to-Cloud to the SmartThings app to control them.
- On your mobile device, launch the SmartThings app.
- On the dashboard, tap Add device.
- Tap under ADD DEVICE MANUALLY.
- Select a category of the device to add.
Alternatively, enter the device's name in the search input field and tap ADD next to your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete adding your device.
- The Samsung SmartThings Hub feature may not be available depending on the region.
- You can only add the IoT devices approved by Samsung. Download the SmartThings app to see a list of supported devices.
- Refer to the other devices' user manuals for instructions on how to pair with them.
- To learn more about the Samsung SmartThings Hub feature, visit support.smartthings.com.
Read all safety information before using the device to ensure safe and proper use. To view the full safety information, refer to the Samsung website.
- Use only charging devices and batteries approved by Samsung. Samsung accessories are designed for your device to maximize battery life. Using other accessories may invalidate your warranty and may cause damage Do not touch the device with wet hands
- Do not drop or cause an impact to the device
- The device can be used in locations with an ambient temperature of 0°C / 32°F to 40°C / 104°F and a relative humidity (no condensation) 10% to 90%. Using the device outside of the recommended ranges may damage the device
- Prevent the AC/DC adapter connector and the small end of the AC/DC adapter from coming into contact with conductive materials, such as liquids, dust, metal powders, and pencil leads
- Do not allow children or animals to chew or suck the device
- Do not disassemble, modify, or repair your device
- Do not place anything on the device
- Do not block or cover the vent
FCC Part 15.19
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC Part 15.21
Any changes or modifications (including the antennas) to this device that are not expressly approved by the manufacturer may void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
Note : This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications, However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer could void your authority to operate the equipment under FCC rules.
FCC RF Radiation Exposure Statement
This equipment complies with FCC RF Radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This device and its antenna must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20 cm between the radiator and your body.
Model: ET-WV525, FCC ID: A3LETWV525
Samsung Mobile Products and Recycling
Samsung cares for the environment and encourages its customers to properly dispose of Devices and Samsung accessories in accordance with local regulations. In some areas, disposal of these items in household or business trash may be prohibited.
Dispose of other unwanted electronics through an approved recycler. To find the nearest recycling location, go to our website: www.samsung.com/recyclingdirect or call 1-877-278-0799.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc
85 Challenger Road,
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey, 07660
Phone: 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864)
Copyright © 2018 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. worldwide.
Here you can download full pdf version of manual, it may contain additional safety instructions, warranty information, FCC rules, etc.