MANUAL DE INSTRUCCIONES
[European Union only]
[Union européenne uniquement]
[Sólo Unión Europea]
© 2007 Victor Company of Japan, Limited
Hearing Comfort and Well-Being
• Do not play your personal audio at a high volume. Hearing experts advise against
continuous extended play.
• If you experience a ringing in your ears, reduce volume or discontinue use.
• Do not use while operating a motorized vehicle. It may create a traffic hazard and is
illegal in many areas.
• You should use extreme caution or temporarily discontinue use in potentially
• Even though your headphones are of the open-air type designed to let you hear outside
sounds, don't turn up the volume so high that you can't hear what's around you.
1. For your safety...
• Do not disassemble or modify the headphones.
• Do not allow inflammable, water or metallic objects to enter the headphones.
• If you find skin problems where the headphones are in contact with your skin, stop
using the headphones; otherwise, it may cause further inflammation or irritation of
• When the air is dry such as in winter, you may feel a static shock when using the
• If you get sick while using the headphones, stop using them right away.
• Be sure that your hair or any other objects do not get caught in the headband slider
(adjuster) when adjusting the headband.
2. Avoid using the headphones...
• in places subject to excessive humidity or dust
• in places subject to extremely high (over 40°C or 104°F) or low (under 0°C or 32°F)
3. DO NOT leave the headphones...
• exposed to direct sunlight
• near a heater
4. To protect the headphones, DO NOT...
• allow them to get wet
• shake them or drop them onto hard objects
☐ Be careful not to apply power that exceeds the headphones' input capacity. This may
result in sound distortion and could damage the oscillation board.
☐ Grasp and pull the plug itself to disconnect the headphones. Do not pull out using the cord.
☐ When using the headphones near a cellular phone, noise may occur. Keep the headphones
away from the cellular phone.
☐ The ear pads will wear out earlier than the other parts, even in normal use or in normal
storage due to the characteristics of the material used.
☐ When covering the headphones with an object, the noise-canceling function may not
work well or a howling noise may occur. In this case, take off the object which is covering
The battery should be changed when the operation indicator fades or does not turn on.
The noise-canceling function becomes less effective as the battery wears down so be sure
to replace the battery as necessary to maintain the proper performance of the headphones.
Misuse of the battery could result in leakage. This could cause a fire or an
explosion. To prevent this, pay special attention to the following points:
• Be sure to insert the battery with the positive ª and negative · polarities correctly
• Do not heat, disassemble or short-circuit battery and never dispose of it by throwing it
in a fire.
• Read the caution on the battery before use.
• Be sure not to change the battery in a place where there is a lot of dust.
• Be sure to remove the battery if you are not going to use the headphones for a long time.
Turn off the power before replacing the battery.
Put off the earpad.
Printed in China
The supplied battery is only for initial use.
Thank you for purchasing this JVC product.
Before you begin operating this unit, please read the operating instructions carefully to be sure you get the best possible performance.
If you have any questions, consult your JVC dealer.
The active noise-canceling function does not reduce high frequency noise. It cancels
out noise which mainly consists of low frequencies, such as that from vehicles, air
USING THE HEADPHONES
• You can listen to the audio source even if you do not turn on the headphones, but
the noise-canceling function will not work.
• When using the headphones only for noise reduction, you do not need to connect
the supplied cord.
Use the supplied cord only with these headphones.
FOLDING AND STORING
Insert the · end first,
then push the battery in.
• Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
THE NOISE CANCELING FUNCTION
To activate the noise-canceling function
8 Hz – 24, 000 Hz (power — ON)
18.0 dB at 150 Hz
102 dB/1 mW (power — ON)
100 dB/1 mW (power — OFF)
40 Ω (power — ON), 96 Ω (power — OFF)
AAA battery (DC 1.5 V) x 1
Approx. 20 hours* (using Manganese AAA battery)
Approx. 50 hours* (using Alkaline AAA battery)
* Varies depending on operating conditions.
* Without ambient noise.
1.2 m (3.9 ft) (detachable)
150 g (5.30 oz) (incl. battery)
140 g (4.94 oz) (excl. battery)
Carrying case x 1, Manganese AAA battery (R03) x 1,
Cord**x 1, Dual plug adapter (for in-flight use) x 1,
Stereo phone plug adapter 6.3 mm (1/4 inch) x 1