Various settings and notes (continued)
When using Windows 2000
The operation of the SonicStage software is restricted as follows.
• Log on with the "Administrator" account (user name) when installing the software.
• Log on with the "Administrator" account (user name) when using the software.
• The SonicStage software can be used on Professional Edition only.
• The NTFS format is available on system standards (default system) only.
When using Windows 98 Second Edition
When importing MP3 format files to your computer or playing WAV format files,
note the following.
If Microsoft Windows Media Player 7.0 or later version is not installed, download it from the Microsoft
web site (http://www.microsoft.com) and install.
About switching to the system suspend or system
hibernation mode while operating SonicStage
• Do not switch the system to the system suspend or system hibernation mode when recording audio files
from an audio CD or checking in/out. It may cause data to be lost, or improper system restore. Disable
the setting for the automatic mode-switching.
• Do not replace media during the system suspend or system hibernation mode. It may cause data to be
lost when the system is restored.
• Your Network Walkman may not be recognized by the system after switching to the system suspend or
system hibernation mode. In such a case, remove the USB cable from the computer and reconnect it.
About backing up audio files
Always back up data prior to performing significant operations such as a system recovery. To back up data,
click the [Start] menu, [Programs]*, [SonicStage], and [SonicStage Backup Tool].
For details on how to back up, refer to the online Help for the SonicStage software.
* Select [All Programs] on Windows XP.